PDA

View Full Version : San Angel Inn 'ride-side' table?

TikiGoddess
05-08-2010, 02:17 PM
We love the atmosphere of the Mexican pavilion, so we've decided to try San Angel Inn on our next trip.

We have a 5pm reservation on a Saturday. I'd really like to get a table along the railing that overlooks the ride, as we have two girls who LOVE the ride and this would keep them entertained for the entire meal.

Any hints or tips on how we can get a table with a view?

Kathy

SBETigg
05-08-2010, 03:03 PM
No guarantees, but they're pretty good about it if you ask and you're willing to wait. Get there about twenty minutes early to check in and make your request. Good luck!

moe513
05-08-2010, 03:05 PM
Our party of 5 had a great seat right up front. We just asked at check in. I love the volcano and watching the people go by in the boat.
GOOD LUCK.

faline
05-08-2010, 03:44 PM
We've eaten along the river a couple of times. The only thing I don't like about this location is the numer of times you get hit in the eyes with flashes from the folks in the boats who are taking pics of the restaurant as they ride by! It becomes quite annoying!

crltkcagle
05-08-2010, 09:12 PM
We asked for it and we got it. LOL Maybe we were lucky but the kids did enjoy sitting there.

Fastpasssteve
05-09-2010, 02:21 AM
Make it clear to the host/hostess that you're willing to be patient and will be thankful for their help. A smile gets you a long way in WDW. Let a good thoughts be your sword and shield. A good attitude has gotten me free desserts and even a free room upgrade.

LudwigVonDrake
05-09-2010, 11:46 AM
Just ask :wave:

dream6
05-09-2010, 12:38 PM
Yep, we just asked. But I agree with an earlier poster that the constant camera flashes from people on the ride did get a little annoying. This is such a fun restaurant though! We had such a great waitress last time!

DVC2004
05-09-2010, 01:10 PM
Yep- just ask. You might need to wait a little but you should get it.

Goofster
05-10-2010, 02:25 PM
Yup! Just ask the hostess. We lucked out last time as a table had just opened up, so we didn't have to wait. (What happened was that the server was seating us elsewhere and I noticed the opening as we were walking through the restaurant...I asked if we could sit there and she said 'sure'!).

It was a neat spot to sit and eat...it even seemed quieter along the ride for some reason.

badkitty
05-10-2010, 03:34 PM
We were a party of three, had a reservation and were the first people in line when the place opened. We asked for a water-side table. We were denied quite rudely and told they were only for bigger parties. We was very disappointed. The service was awful. The food was awful. I won't go back.

Sorry for venting...

brownie
05-10-2010, 04:53 PM
Make sure it's noted on your reservation and ask again when you check in. It's a nice place to sit. I'm not sure about the larger party thing; we were a party of 2 and had a water-side table.

mouseketeer mom
05-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Kathy, We were put at a table by the railing by the ride on our last two visits by chance, we hadn't even asked., and they are fantastic tables. They do seat 6 though, and we are a family of five, so thats probably why we got them. My kids actually took a spin on the ride while waiting for the food, and again while waiting for the check, and waved at me and DH as they went by. I would ask, for sure.

Jeffybob
05-11-2010, 08:00 AM
Make your request when you check in and expect to wait until a table opens up. It could be a while so you need to be patient.

I agree with Badkitty however, I too think that the food is sub-par and the service is less than steller. This is one place that we avoid at all costs.

-Jeffybob (Boardwalk DVC Member since '98) :mickey:

2010 - BWV - Valentines Day
2009 - BWV (2), DCL - Eastern Caribbean
2008 - BWV (2)
2007 - BWV
2006 - DLR (2), SSR, BWV, DCL - Western Caribbean
2005 - HH, BWV (2)
2003 - BWV
2002 - BWV, Disneyland Paris
2001 - BWV, DLC - Bahamas
2000 - BWV
1999 - BWV, HH, VB