PDA

View Full Version : Christmas..........

cetacean01
05-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Just paid the deposit on my family vacay to WDW. We arrive early....like 6:30 AM....on christmas morning. So my question is what park would you do on christmas day...... Iknow that MK will be packed but it just seems like the "one to do" that day. Thoughts? Advice?:mickey:

plutosnana
05-08-2010, 12:59 PM
I really have no idea but I'd probably do AK or Epcot cause, in DHS it's full for the sake of Toy Story Mania, and MK well, we all know MK will always be full! We always go to wdw in the fall so this is a guess. But I would assume that those two parks would have about 40 percent less people. But do remember it's Christmas. Please yell at me if this was a bad park to go to. AGAIN this is a guess. I've never really have been there during Christmas sooo..

Gusgus
05-08-2010, 01:22 PM
I haven't been at Christmas but a friend of mine has a time share they go to every Christmas. He said Epcot is the best park on Christmas day. That's the one he goes to every year.

Gusgus

Jeff
05-08-2010, 02:43 PM
We are often at WDW on Christmas Day.
Our family tradition is to be at the MK as the park opens, quickly get our picture taken (with Mickey and Minnie Santa hats on of course) then do several of our favorit rides.

Our rule is to leave MK after 2 hours, we grab some breakfast from the Main Street Bakery and then ride the monorail over to Epcot where we spend the day. We make dinner reservations with the Candlelight Processional for the evening. It is a great show to see on Christmas Day.

The MK will be elbow to elbow by noon and probably close for additional guests. Epcot gets very very crowded but is still enjoyable. Just use Fast Pass and see some shows on the streets of WS.

faline
05-08-2010, 03:15 PM
I would also suggest Epcot as the park to visit on Christmas day. We've only been there once on Christmas day and that was years ago (when they still did the parade live on Christmas). We got up very early and went into the Magic Kingdom. We were there for the parade. by time the parade was finished the park was packed. We went over to Epcot which was actually quite manageable. We made the mistake of returning to the Magic Kingdom that evening. We literally got stuck in Frontierland (this was also before they installed the walkaround by the water) during Spectromagic. There were so many people there that we were unable to move forward, backward and sideways for the duration of the parade - it was actually scary to be stuck in a crowd of people like that! We left the park as soon as we were able to extricate ourselves!

DDuck66
05-08-2010, 04:48 PM
Two years ago we were at MK on Christmas Day. We were there at opening and spent several hours walking on rides and enjoying ourselves. By 11:00 am, the park got really crowded and by 1:00 it was standing room only. If that does not bother you, then it is worth the experience. If not, I would try for Epcot. Also if you have a Park Hopper, you might hit the MK for a few hours and then head on over to Epcot. MK usually gets closed down on Christmas Day if the weather is nice due to the crowds. Either way it is the greatest place for Christmas.

Pirate Granny
05-08-2010, 05:23 PM
We've been there at Xmas...just not Xmas Day as we flew into Orlando in the afternoon and didn't go in the parks...HOWEVER...we have been to MK that week...and is a zoo...but we got stuck during the afternoon parade for TWO HOURS on the bridge that runs alongside the parade route and the water in Frontierland...it was more than scarey...we had my dad in a wheelchair and we couldn't move one inch for at least an hour...I was trying not to panic...so be careful not to close yourself in during parades, especially that week (wonderful time to go you just have to KNOW that you will hit crowds...) IMO NYE is worse in EPCOT than MK.
:pirate: