PDA

View Full Version : DCL Transportation

LorrieP
05-08-2010, 10:46 AM
Does DCL transportation pick up at all of the resorts? I remember reading a post somewhere that it does not. I saw the picking up at POP last year.

We will be staying at POFQ for 3 days next May then heading out on the Dream for 4 days. Just want to make sure they pick up at POFQ before booking.

DisneyFr33k
05-09-2010, 05:50 AM
No they don't. We visited WDW last October and stayed at POP for 5 days and then took a 3 night Bahama Disney Cruise. DCL does not pick up at POP, so we hired a private service to drive us to the Port. They were actually more affordable than DCL, so we used them to drive us from the Port to the airport after the cruise. It was nice as we didn't have to wait for everyone to be loaded (they only came to drive us, and we had a pre arranged time for pick up), and they drove a lot faster than the buses. The only thing we missed was the little video the DCL bus plays.

#1disneyfan
05-10-2010, 10:43 PM
Does DCL transportation pick up at all of the resorts? I remember reading a post somewhere that it does not. I saw the picking up at POP last year.

Sometimes they use Cruise buses for regular DME transportation to my knowledge. They do not pick up at all resorts, but they usually give you a list of the resorts that they do. If you don't want to take private transportation to the port, you may be able to get a cab to the closest pickup resort. Just an idea, good luck and have a great time!

ElenitaB
05-11-2010, 10:36 PM
If I read your post correctly, you will be staying at POFQ. DCL does pick up from POFQ ... it was the last stop when we took our first cruise (we were staying at VWL). DCL does not pick up at Pop Century. As others have posted, the DCL busses are used on other routes when not in service for the cruiseline.

shellyc
05-12-2010, 09:54 PM
Starting in 2010, they pick up at all Disney resorts for DCL bus transportation to the Port. They also started picking up at the Contemporary in Aug/Sept 2009 after the DVC property opened up.

mickey98
05-16-2010, 08:43 PM
Starting in 2010, they pick up at all Disney resorts for DCL bus transportation to the Port.

Effective 2010 they no longer pick up at fort wilderness. We found that out the hard way, our annual trip to the fort this year added a 4 nite cruise.. when I called to arrange the cruise bus from the fort I was advised they they discontinued service from the fort and several other resorts.