PDA

View Full Version : What time of year is the best for a Disney Cruise?

Gregandmel
05-08-2010, 08:46 AM
Not being familiar with the Florida weather & sea conditions, what time of year would you recommend for taking a cruise? We just got back from 8 days at WDW late April and the weather was wonderful! I know it can be a bit cooler on a ship though since you are on the water. For those of you who have taken a cruise, if you want nice & warm weather, when would you book? I assume you might want to avoid Hurricane Season! :blush:

Also - in looking at pricing, there is a huge swing in price difference, is that due to the "value" season and the "high" season like it is for room accomodations at WDW? Thanks for any insight!!

Melinda :mickey:

DisneyFr33k
05-09-2010, 05:53 AM
We've gone on two 7 night cruises in February and LOVE that time of year. It is still warm in the Carribean and sunscreen is necessary. The pricing is at it's best then too!

We also just took a 3 night cruise last October that was nice. More humid, but nice. I can't speak of the regular October prices as we used a special deal DCL offered us coming off our February cruise - $99 per person for the entire 3 night cruise. So we couldn't not go!

BluegrassDaisy
05-10-2010, 03:05 PM
We've been on 2 Disney Cruises. The 1st in early February, the 2nd in October. The weather was great on both, but in February the water at Castaway Cay was still pretty cool. October was better for swimming. That being said, even though the temp was a little cooler in February, we appreciated it more as it was 0 when we left home that trip!!