PDA

View Full Version : Just got back!

rpcwjr
05-07-2010, 05:11 PM
Had a great time! I had a conference in Tampa so my friend met me there and we drove to Disney last Sunday (May 2). We stayed three nights in BWV in a studio. Nice room. I liked having the little kitchenette.

Highlights:
Dinner at California Grille and then MK (extra magic hours) until 1am. Was fun.

Segway Tour. THE BEST! Did this on Monday at 9:30am. Was great fun tooling around WS with guests in the park. We were quite the sight and people were so excited to see us all whizzing by. Super nice guides.

Kouzzina. Glad I tried it. Won't go back. Sampler appetizer was tasty but my chicken entree... not so much.

BWV. Loved Leaping Horse Libations. Nice guys working the place and fun to watch the kids enjoying themselves on the slide. Loved spending one whole day by the quiet pool (it was HOT).

Flower and Garden Festival. Eh, I wasn't impressed. But it was pretty in the park.

All in all, a great little trip. Can't wait to go back for F&W Festival this fall.

pdrlkr
05-08-2010, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

faline
05-08-2010, 03:19 PM
Aren't the Segways so much fun?! I'd certainly love to ride them again!

Sounds like a nice trip!

vizsla
05-09-2010, 06:14 AM
Thanks for the report.

KylesMom
05-10-2010, 09:10 AM
How fortuitous that you were able to follow up your conference with a side trip to Disney! Some day I would love to do the Segway Tour - everyone always seems to be having a great time when they whizz by us! Glad you enjoyed your quick trip & have another one planned in the fall. Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

yjgirl32
05-10-2010, 10:50 AM
How lucky you were to get to go to Disney for a few days after your business trip. I would like to try the Segway tour someday- little nervous about being around a lot of people. Thanks for sharing.

#1disneyfan
05-10-2010, 09:58 PM
I too, would love to try the Segway tour. But I am afraid I'll fall off!!!!

Thanks for the report, sounds like a nice little trip.

Suzi Q
05-13-2010, 04:42 PM
I was there last week also...and I wasn't very impressed with it either, I've seen better ones. Usually we go earlier in the festival, mid April, so maybe that is a factor who knows. Much prefer the F&W festival!

rpcwjr
05-14-2010, 11:45 AM
I would like to try the Segway tour someday- little nervous about being around a lot of people. Thanks for sharing.

They let you "opt out" and get your money back if you feel you can't do it. One woman actually decided not to do it. However, I can tell you, as a certified klutz, it was not difficult. You will love it. Give it a try!!

rpcwjr
05-14-2010, 11:47 AM
I would like to try the Segway tour someday- little nervous about being around a lot of people.

They do earlier tours in the morning where WS is still closed so you don't have to worry about running someone down!:blush:

Pocahontas
05-15-2010, 03:56 PM
Oh, I so what to do the Segway tour! My teen daughter was going to do it with me, but found out you had to wear a helmet for safety and so she backed out because she didn't want to look 'dorky' (her word). Oh well.

Thanks for the report!