PDA

View Full Version : Fastpass

Bad Wolf
05-07-2010, 12:08 AM
Is there a rule for how many FP's a person can have at any given time? I couldn't remember if it was a solid never changing rule, or if it fluctuated due to demand, park attendence, etc.

Fangorn
05-07-2010, 12:17 AM
Generally, only 1 at any given time. However, if the return time of your FP is more than 2 hours out, you will be allowed to get a second FP after a specified time period (usually 2 hours). The time you can get a second FP is now printed on the FP itself.

Steve

Capt_redshirt
05-07-2010, 12:35 AM
Generally, only 1 at any given time. However, if the return time of your FP is more than 2 hours out, you will be allowed to get a second FP after a specified time period (usually 2 hours). The time you can get a second FP is now printed on the FP itself.

Steve

I believe the time is an hour not 2 but I could be wrong.

gerald72
05-07-2010, 02:29 AM
The time varies. But it's printed right on the front of the fastpass when you can get another. If you get a fastpass first thing in the morning, you might be allowed to get another in 30 minutes. But later in the day, it could be up to two hours. I think two hours is the longest you have to wait.
But to answer the original question: if you spend your morning stocking up on fastpasses, you could have 6 or 8 or more by evening. There is really no set number. Disney doesn't know when your specific fastpass is used.

CleveRocks
05-07-2010, 10:31 AM
gerald72 is 100% correct.

When you get a FASTPASS, it's printed right there at the bottom somethinglike "You may obtain another FASTPASS after (time)." That time will be EITHER the starting time of your current FASTPASS return window OR 2 hours after you receive the FASTPASS, whichever is sooner.

In other words, if at 9:30 a.m. you get a FASTPASS with a return window of 10:05 - 11:05 a.m., at the bottom of the FASTPASS it will tell you you can get another FASTPASS after 11:05 a.m.

If at 9:30 a.m. you get a FASTPASS with a return window of 3:20 - 4:20 p.m., at the bottom of the FASTPASS it will tell you you can get another FASTPASS after 11:30 a.m., which is 2 hours after you received that FASTPASS.

As gerald72 said, Disney has no way of knowing when you actually use a FASTPASS. So, for example, the smartest strategy is to obtain a new FP before you use the existing one. My favorite example of this would be in Fantasyland in Magic Kingdom. Let's say you get FPs for Winnie the Pooh with a return time beginning at 10:00 a.m. Right at 10 a.m., before you use the Pooh FPs, go get FPs for Peter Pan, and then go and ride Pooh. By doing this, you spend some of the Peter Pan waiting time by riding the Pooh ride, if you can follow what I mean.

But gerald72 alluded to something else even more interesting. It is a fact that Disney cast members are specifically trained to accept "expired" same-day FPs. In other words, if you FP has a return time of 11:15 a.m. - 12:15 p.m., the CMs are trained to allow you to use it at 6 p.m. that evening if you want to.

As a result of this, it is possible to do what gerald72 talked about ... it's possible to collect FPs throughout the day and then use them later in the day one right after the other.

So as you can see, there is no rule against having more than one FASTPASS at a time, it's just that there are rules limiting how often you can obtain new ones, regardless of whether or not you've already used the "old" ones.