PDA

View Full Version : AP/MYW tickets

Figment52
05-06-2010, 08:15 PM
I have an annual pass that I bought 9 years ago, so I'll be using that this fall. We're also thinking of next spring, as well, since I'll be activating my pass.

My DD, however, doesn't have any tickets, and we're trying to figure out the best option for her.

A. As an AP holder, do I get any discounts on other tickets? I think I read somewhere no, but I just wanted to make sure.

B. If she decides to go with MYW tickets, when does the clock start ticking for expiration? She was thinking of getting 2 seperate 8 day hoppers. Would the ticket she didn't use at all be ok until next spring? Of course, if she goes with MYW passes she might not buy 2 tickets right now, but the price is sure to go up again, so it was an idea.

forever a child
05-06-2010, 08:20 PM
No you dont get discounts on tickets as an AP holder.

I would compare prices, might be worth while to get your DD an AP of her own if you are thinking of going twice.

If you go with MYW tickets, they start the first day you enter a park, then you have 14(?) days before they expire. If you purchase 2 MYW tickets and dont use the second one...it should not expire until you use it for the first time (just like with your AP).

Have fun planning!:mickey:

faline
05-06-2010, 08:20 PM
There are annual passholder discounts for tickets to water parks and Disney Quest but I'm not aware of any for park passes.

A Magic Your Way Pass will expire 14 days after first use. If she were to buy two 8-day passes and use one for this trip, that pass would expire after 14 days. The unused pass remains good and the clock will not start ticking on that one until first used - just be sure not to mix them up and being using both!

Figment52
05-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Ok, that's what I thought on both counts.

Upon viewing the math again, I see the AP is very much an option. Must have mixed up the # of days, or options, or something before because now it's looking about $90 less to get the AP. That is, unless I've messed up the math AGAIN. :blush:

Does anyone know off hand what the AAA discount is for tickets? I know she's worried about being out $$$ if we don't end up going again in May, which I think is why she wanted to look at MYW tickets as an option.

Thanks!:mickey:

Pirate Granny
05-06-2010, 11:32 PM
WOW...are their AAA discounts on tickets or do you have to get a package from them also.

Pirate Granny
05-06-2010, 11:35 PM
Darn...hit the button too soon...Anyway, I believe anything over ten days it's better to get the AP...only problem with that is since you both will have one, you may tend to go more often...living in Michigan...one year I spent 31 days on my AP...WOW...that was when I could get a weekend flight for $50 round trip...those days are long gone.

But with that said, I plan to renew my pass just under the August wire, and get 15 months for 12...too good to be true...looks like I'll have to start browsing the internet for good airfares.
:pirate: