PDA

View Full Version : Epcot dining - best kid restaurant?

wdwluv
05-06-2010, 03:31 PM
Trip is only a week away and I need the kid friendliest menus.

I have a Teppan Edo reservation and Rose and Crown - but my picky kids are a problem. I SOOO want to do Teppan Edo, but no chicken nuggets or mac and cheese there! :rolleyes:

I'm trying hourly to get a Garden Grill reservation. No luck...yet....

We did Akershus last year, and the kids ate nothing....maybe this year would be different....

PittFan
05-06-2010, 03:43 PM
My DD14 is an EXTREMELY picky eater yet she LOVED Tutto Italia as did we. It is now a must do on every trip. :mickey:

stitch34
05-06-2010, 05:03 PM
My niece was 5 last year when we first tried Teppan Edo, and she absolutely LOVED it! When asked what restaurant she must do again this year, Teppan Edo is what she said first!!!

I know they don't have your traditional kids menu and my niece is not a picky eater, so we are in a different situation. However, they do have chicken on the kids menu which is what she had. She loved the interaction with the chef, watching her food get cooked in front of her, and of course eating with chop sticks!!!

I would say still give it a try.:number1::thumbsup:

SBETigg
05-06-2010, 05:43 PM
When my daughter was getting picky, we coaxed her to try new things by telling her that if she ordered something and did not like it, she didn't have to eat it. We would tell her that we would get her something from a quick service afterwards. As long as she gave something on the menu a try.

They get bored sitting there when everyone else is eating and having a good time, and then they try things. Most times, my daughter would decide that she actually liked what she ordered, and yes we wasted some food (not much, really) but she became a more adventurous, not picky eater in less than six months of that and we're much happier dining as a family.

ElenitaB
05-06-2010, 09:06 PM
My son's favorites when young at Epcot were Teppan Edo and Rose & Crown. Though he was never a terribly picky eater, watching his food being prepared in front of him made him more willing to try it.

And to eco Sherri, every time we've gone to WDW, he's come back with new foods that he's tried and enjoyed.

Fastpasssteve
05-07-2010, 02:42 AM
Go ahead and try Teppan Edo!
A lot of kids don't like things that look weird...or are made of things they can't identify. Many don't like things all thrown together...like a casserole or such. At Teppan Edo, they can clearly see what each bite is made of. That is chicken, that is rice, that is a veggie (yuck or yum, depending). If they can identify what everything is, they might be more willing to try it out. Plus, everything is in small, manageable bite-sized pieces. I can't remember if they use chop sticks there, but that might be a fun way for them to eat while playing with their food. Spear the chicken! Good luck.

wdwluv
05-07-2010, 09:49 AM
You've convinced me - Teppan Edo here we come! :mickey::mickey::mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
05-07-2010, 09:55 AM
My youngest is pickier than my eldest son, and he and I often share a meal at Teppan Edo -- He eats the rice and some of the shrimp, and I have all the veggies. Meal sharing or appetizer ordering is a great option for pickier eaters... then as Sheri said, you can pick up a snack or a :bar: elsewhere if needed.

Ricbr
05-07-2010, 03:23 PM
My kids loved the Living Seas. The food was nothing special (Kids food) but to sit there the entire time in awe at a fish tank that large. It couldnt be beat.

It gave us adults some time to talk while the kids just kept watching the fish ;)

DisneyFr33k
05-08-2010, 06:57 AM
We did Teppan Edo and weren't impressed at all. Our chef was in training and did not do many tricks and the food came out in stages that kept us hungry. We have local restaurants that perform the same kind of entertainment and food that we can visit if we have the urge.

I would vote for Coral Reef. My kids loved the large aquarium. We regretted not waiting to sit right next to the aquarium and will do so next time. But still it was very entertaining from wherever you sit. And the food is good too!

MinnieMommie
05-08-2010, 07:10 AM
Another vote for Teppan Edo. There's lots to keep the kids engaged. Some of my kids are real picky eaters but will eat the chicken and rice. :thumbsup:

limegreenmonorail
05-10-2010, 09:26 PM
I'm a picky eater, and I'd have to say that Le Cellier and Chefs De France are both great options! Plenty of "normal food" at Le Cellier (and the moose dessert is adorable!), and France has perfectly normal food as well, and if you go during the right hours, you can meet Remy! In France, your kids can get simple stuff like chicken tenders (or Croque Monsieur, which is grilled ham and cheese, or Gratin de Macaroni, which is just mac and cheese). At Le Cellier, they have hot dogs, pizza, burgers (on the adult lunch menu). Go during lunch for the more "kid friendly" menus. Have fun!

crltkcagle
05-11-2010, 10:22 AM
We will be eating at Teppan Edo's in 10 days with three boys. Glad to hear that kids love it!