PDA

View Full Version : Would you book POP in the Summer months?

JoDisney
05-06-2010, 01:35 PM
POP has preferred rooms and a decent food court for breakfast and something if you are hungry when you return from the park. They do not have a hot tub (do not use) or boat rentals. The buses are at one stop at the front of the store/food court and not at multi-stops like the moderates. However, I am sure POP get very crowded in the Summer. Do you find this is more so in the Summer than other months? Do you think POP is a good choice in the Summer?

disneymom15
05-06-2010, 03:10 PM
We've gone many times during the summer. Pop is by far our favorite value resort. Yes, it does get busy, especially in the morning for breakfast at food court. Sometimes it's hard to find a table.

PittFan
05-06-2010, 03:29 PM
I wouldn't hesitate to book POP anytime !!!! We love it there. We're staying @ POR this year with the free dining, although we planned on a moderate this trip anyway just to experience it.

JoDisney
05-06-2010, 05:36 PM
We were checking out moderates too. However, you cannot get a preferred room. I really would not need a preferred room but a member of our group needs one, definitely. POP has preferred rooms. CBR has preferred rooms but they are not available. I like POP. You cannot beat the price. I am just not sure how it would be in the Summer. I usually go to POP other times of the year, and go to deluxe in the Summer. However, I might not do deluxe on the first part of Summer. If I do, it would be WL or AKL.

BigRedDad
05-06-2010, 06:06 PM
I love Pop Century. Since we have stayed there, we have been to WL, CSR, and AKL. In my opinion, if you are not spending 2-3 full days at the resort to enjoy it, it is not worth staying there.

We are park people. We spend our time at the park. We use the resort for sleep, naps, and wind down time. We are going for a week or so in October to Pop Century. We will enjoy it and save a lot of money doing so. I can afford to stay almost anywhere. It is just not worth it when I compare time value of money.

Daisy'sMom
05-06-2010, 06:15 PM
We just booked our annual vacation at Pop for the first week of Nov. I will be booking for the end of Nov also at Pop for the annual Sisters Getaway. I love POP!:mickey:

snowflakegirl
05-06-2010, 07:20 PM
I stayed at POP in mid to late August a few years ago. I didn't find it to be *too* busy. We had one morning where it took a minute to find a table for all 5 of us, but otherwise, we were always able to find seating for breakfast, didn't have to wait in long lines to pay for our food, and the buses weren't *overly* crowded.

olivegirl
05-06-2010, 08:25 PM
YES!!! We love POP anytime! We actually had 10 days booked in August but switched to Coronado Springs to get the free dining! We are looking forward to trying a new resort BUT we sooo doooo love POP!! :cloud9: