PDA

View Full Version : Quick! Need a cheap off-site suggestion for one night!

ldc12377
05-06-2010, 11:22 AM
We are planning a trip to WDW this June but I'm just now getting started on the planning!!! We need to find an inexpensive off-site hotel for the nights before and after our package. The first day will be June 5 so we need suggestions quickly! We would like for it to be close to WDW, inexpensive, and have a clean pool for the kids to enjoy before bed. It would also be nice if it included breakfast. HELP!

clausjo
05-06-2010, 11:57 AM
Look at the Country Inn and Suites Lake Buena Vista. I'm booked there the 2nd weekend in June and all the reviews have been extremely positive. I've stayed at Country Inns before, just not this particular one. Got an excellent rate through hotwire, but even their internet posted rates are really reasonable. I'm not sure if I can post the rate, so PM me if you want to. Good luck!

gauvin4
05-06-2010, 12:09 PM
Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista. I think the breakfast is kids eat free. May want to double check that. We have stayed here a couple different times and have never had an issue.

Fangorn
05-06-2010, 12:22 PM
I like the Hampton Inn on Palm Parkway. It's close to Downtown Disney, has a complimentary hot breakfast, free wi-fi and the rates are pretty good - $99 or less depending on time of year. AAA rates are even lower.

Steve

dobby2010
05-06-2010, 01:02 PM
I second the Country Inn and Suites. I stayed there in 2006 with my girlfriends for spring break. It is a very nice hotel with a good free breakfast and a great pool. If I remember correctly it even had a water slide. It was a short drive to all the parks. The rooms also have a mini fridge and microwave if you want to save money by having some meals in room.

DadTriton
05-06-2010, 01:18 PM
Suggestions below are good but depend in dates and availability.
Use Travelocity or Orbitz to search and compare.

garymacd
05-07-2010, 09:55 AM
Check out the hotels on Palm Parkway. It is literally next door to the Disney Gates at Downtown Disney.

We have stayed at the Hampton Inn here for a number of years when we arrive the night before our reservations and the night after our stay so we get the full Disney benefit of the first and last days.

It is relatively inexpensive - depending on where you are staying on-site - has a very nice pool and complimentary breakfast.

All hotels on Palm Parkway are beautiful but we have a real affinity for this particular hotel since they took such good care of us when our cars broke down last year.

magicalmom
05-08-2010, 07:59 PM
We liked La Quinta across from the old "Splendid China" park.

PETE FROM NYC
05-08-2010, 08:50 PM
Last September DW and I arrived one day earlier than planned. We stayed in Knights Inn on 192 right outside WDW for less than $40 for the night.
They offer a continental breakfast, or go about 100 yds across the street and get the buffet at Ponderosa for about 4-5 bucks a head.

crltkcagle
05-08-2010, 09:15 PM
We always stay off site the first night. We drive so we use that day to swim and relax so we can hit the park early the next day. Anyway we always stay at LaQuinta on Jamacian Court. We usually pay 35-45 a night for the room. Its very very clean, quiet and really nice. They offer free wifi and breakfast in the morning. Plus if you book right now there is a special for 15 % off.

wdw_bound
05-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Country Inn and Suites Calypso Cay. Close to WDW, great pool, onsite mini-golf, breakfast included. I looked it up the other day (we need a place for our first night as well) and there was a web special rate of $59. We've stayed here before a few years ago and it was great.

Enjoy your trip! :mickey:

PlutoPlanet
05-11-2010, 11:58 AM
Would you consider staying at POP or AS? That way you may be able to take magical express to the hotel and disney transportation to your disney hotel.

Scorpiosammy
05-12-2010, 01:36 AM
Last September DW and I arrived one day earlier than planned. We stayed in Knights Inn on 192 right outside WDW for less than $40 for the night.
They offer a continental breakfast, or go about 100 yds across the street and get the buffet at Ponderosa for about 4-5 bucks a head.

I think my family and I used to stay there or another hotel nearby in the late 80's/early 90's until Disney build the Value Hotels (All-Stars). It is a nice area and not difficult to get to Disney World from there. Also, I remember the Ponderosa being quite good (thought that was a long time ago, it might be different now) :)