PDA

View Full Version : Strmchsr Family Vacation 2010

Strmchsr
05-06-2010, 09:27 AM
Cast: Me, DW, DS9, DS4

Dates: For this report May 3-5

We started off Monday at MK. Two words: Crowded & Hot. We had a good time, but it seems Touring Plans didn't know what they were talking about because crowds were pretty significant with standby times 30+ min on pretty much every ride. We were able to use Fastpass and get by pretty well, though. The key for the day was to drink lots of water and use a high SPF sunscreen. Ate dinner at Whispering Canyon, which Cole (DS4) loves. He stood up on his chair and yelled "Ketchup" at the top of his lungs. It was the moment he had been waiting for since we started talking about the trip.

Tuesday was spent at AK. Arriving early the crowds weren't bad. Caleb (DS9) rode EE 5 times at a walk-on and we got an early ride on the safari. Crowds arrived en masse about noon and most lines were fairly long after that. One downer for the day - Sometime while at AK a tick attached itself to Caleb so we had to go to the first aid station to have the nurse remove it. We're still watching to see if there will be any issues from that. Arrived at MK late afternoon for dinner at Crystal Palace. MK was actually quite empty. Most lines were pretty small. Also, the heat bubble moved off mid-afternoon leaving a nice breeze and comfortable temps the rest of the day.

Wednesday started off at DHS and we found the big crowds again. Everything was nuts. TSM was 120 min by lunchtime, Star Tours was 30 min, RNRC wasn't working for most of the morning. We lucked out in that I saw my friend who plays Indy in the stunt show and he got us VIP seats for that. Otherwise that show was standing room only. With a weak front moving through the day stayed mostly cloudy so it didn't feel too bad. Hopefully the worst heat won't return. We finished the day off with dinner at Teppan Edo and watching Illuminations.

For today, we're off to Chef Mickey's for breakfast and a day at Epcot, culminating in doing DiveQuest this afternoon. :mickey:

tinklover
05-06-2010, 10:03 AM
Sounds Like you are having a wonderful time. Thanks for the report.:thumbsup: Can't wait to read more.

yjgirl32
05-06-2010, 10:04 AM
Thanks for sharing- hope you have a great trip.

cer
05-06-2010, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the live report!

Loved that your son stood on his chair and yelled for Ketchup!

Yuck about the tick! I guess it was a good thing you noticed it while you had easy access to the first aid station.

I don't know, but any day ending with Teppan Edo and Illuminations sounds perfect to me!

Enjoy Epcot for all of us who can't be there! :mickey:

P.S. Thank you for all you do keeping everyone up on the weather. It is a wonderful service.

faline
05-06-2010, 10:16 AM
Goodness, it does seem like May is getting to be a very busy time of year!

Your meals sound great!

Sorry about the tick!

princessgirls
05-06-2010, 10:38 AM
Chris,

Thanks for sharing! Sounds like you guys are having a great time!

Tick...that is scary. Sounds like you found it quickly. Never think to look for ticks in Disney, we do at home after being outside.

Thanks for all you do here at Intercot and keeping us all in the weather loop! I appreciate it!
Julie:mickey:

RedSoxFan
05-06-2010, 11:05 AM
Sounds like you're having a good time.

mouseketeer mom
05-06-2010, 11:16 AM
Sounds like the tick wasn't attached very long, so the chances for trouble are small.
Thats something about the crowds you are describing. We didn't have crowds like that over EASTER!! It was very manageable.
Enjoy Dive Quest!!! and..Thanks!!!

DisneyorBust
05-06-2010, 02:13 PM
Sorry to read about your son, hope that there is no more issues with the tick.
Heres hoping that the weak weather front holds and you have some relief from that heat, have a great vacation and enjoy Epcot!

KylesMom
05-06-2010, 11:17 PM
Sounds like you guys are having a pretty good time, Chris. You know, our first trip was May 6-14, 2000, and according to my notes, it was really hot & really crowded then!

Glad Whispering Canyon didn't disappoint Cole! Sure hope your visits to Chef Mickey's & DiveQuest were good ones today! :mickey:

SallyMcQueen
05-07-2010, 12:47 PM
Okay, I have to ask the newbie question....What happens when you ask for ketchup? I've never been to Whispering Canyon, but I've seen all sorts of references about what happens when you ask for ketchup. Can someone fill me in?

faline
05-07-2010, 01:12 PM
Okay, I have to ask the newbie question....What happens when you ask for ketchup? I've never been to Whispering Canyon, but I've seen all sorts of references about what happens when you ask for ketchup. Can someone fill me in?

Let's just say that you will receive a more than ample supply of said item should you make such a request! :D

pdrlkr
05-08-2010, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

vizsla
05-09-2010, 06:13 AM
Thanks for the report.

#1disneyfan
05-14-2010, 08:44 PM
Sounds like you had a good time so far, going to read the next report. Thanks for sharing!

artyboy
05-23-2010, 02:14 PM
Thanks for posting!