PDA

View Full Version : If you need a good offsite option

murphy1
05-06-2010, 07:55 AM
I grew up near Orlando, so I know the good and not so good places pretty well. Stayed at Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista during Spring Break last month, it was really nice. They just refurb'd the rooms. Security is excellent, as we kept seeing a guard or two walking around the property and there is a guard gate, so it felt extremely safe and so was our vehicle (I always drive b/c I also have family/friends around to see). Staff was nice and maid service was excellent. Had nice refrigerator and microwave. Our rate was only $60 and that was peak season, I tried to get us over at Values but did not want to pay $160, I've seen the rate go down to $30 for off season at Comfort Inn sometimes. The only drawback is there might be tour groups or some noise off I-4, but you can get a room facing DTD and not have all that. With the $$ we saved and our free passes for volunteering, we're staying at CR this Summer for a short trip.

Shari

clausjo
05-06-2010, 08:22 AM
Thanks, that's good to know! I've also got family and friends in the area and often stay offsite (although I prefer to be on property). I'm going up in June for a baby shower and have a reservation at the Country Inn and Suites close to Downtown Disney. I'll get free breakfast, have a microwave and a fridge and coffee maker - all for the very nice price of $49! I've heard good things about it!

Ms. Mode
05-06-2010, 09:02 AM
Yes, I agree. We stayed at the Comfort Inn for a couple of nights in January. It was very nice, I would recommend it to anyone not staying on property! :thumbsup:

gauvin4
05-06-2010, 11:18 AM
We have also stayed at the Comfort Inn LBV on 2 separate trips and would recommend it to anyone wanting to stay off site. :thumbsup: