PDA

View Full Version : "Drink around the world" Plan

svarhall07
05-06-2010, 04:28 AM
In honor of all of us being 21 on this trip (22 actually), we are planning to attempt the "drink around the world" challenge. We hope to hit every country (at some we are going to "share a taste" just to conserve our well being).

I've compiled a list of drinks the countries have to offer:

Canada: La Fin du Monde beer @ kiosk
UK: split Imperial Sampler at Rose and Crown Pub
France: Grand Marnier Orange Slush @ kiosk
Morocco: share a taste of Sangria from Tangerine Cafe
Japan: Sake from Mitsukoshi gift shop bar
America: Sam Adams from kiosk
Italy: share a taste of Prosecco win from kiosk
Germany: Hefeweizen beer from kiosk
China: share a taste of Plum wine from Lotus Blossum
Norway: Carlsberg beer from kiosk
Mexico: finish off with a margarita from the stand

We plan on a heavy dinner before hand, a couple bottles of waters, pastry sampling every few countries, and lots of bathroom breaks!!

Has anyone else conquered this endeavor?

elorac
05-06-2010, 04:37 AM
No, we have not but we may try it this September.

In theory of course, since we'll have the kids. ;)

Good luck on your endeavor and may a bathroom always appear at your greatest need...

:beer:

SBETigg
05-06-2010, 07:39 AM
Please don't make it a challenge. Have fun, and know when you've had enough. A heavy dinner beforehand is actually a bad idea. Better to have a light meal and then keep snacking as you proceed. Plus, drink water or something non-alcoholic between alcohol drinks to stay hydrated. Your plan sounds doable, with lots of shared drinks, so I will just add that I hope you have a great time!

CanadianWDWFan
05-06-2010, 07:41 AM
We've tried it and didn't make it. For us it was just too hot out and too much. You might have a good idea in sharing though.

But I do salute :beer: your choce of Hefeweizen! If it were me, I would keep the Hefe to myself!:D

JROriole8Fan
05-06-2010, 08:35 AM
What is that? I tried the hard cider the last time there and it was very good

SBETigg
05-06-2010, 09:53 AM
Also, if you're more into beer than wine, the Tangierine Cafe offers a nice, crisp Moroccan beer.

Jennifer_and_Chris
05-06-2010, 12:01 PM
when we started on the Canada side, I passed until we got to Japan. never made it pass there!

When we've started on the Mexico side, never made it passed the margaritas! :marg: :blush:

However, that was when we were DINKs. (dual income, no kids!)

passholderryan
05-06-2010, 12:19 PM
It is doable. If you are looking for a change in Morocco, I would go with the tangerine cocktail. Its really good, especially on a hot day. Also, if they are out of the Hefe in Germany, go with the Spaten Oktoberfest were they sell the brats!!! Good luck in your endeavour, mine will be next weekend. Going up for the shuttle launch, with my lap around the world that Friday afternoon and evening!!

Fastpasssteve
05-06-2010, 01:05 PM
Hi. My friends and I did this a couple of trips ago. We were successful. Of course, we needed a nap afterwords before dinner.

A couple things to ensure success:
Don't load up with a heavy meal beforehand.
Don't do it with an empty stomach.
Snack along the way...something savory...not sweet.
In Japan, try the sake or plum wine, but beware if they offer you the plum from the bottom of the bottle...it is entirely alcoholic!
In Germany, go for lighter beers. Drinking a tall glass of Optimator would be a poor choice for the long run.

We had a great time. Please remember that there are families with children who notice everything. Try to maintain some decorum, but feel free to have a great time! We did! And the best part is, the buses will take you to your resort. No one who has consumed will have to drive. A+

Alaska Disney Fan
05-06-2010, 07:38 PM
I've tried this many times, love it during the food and wine festival because you get to try all the appetizers. I always start out in Canada and stick to beers, except for a cold hard cider in UK. I have never made it past Germany. I agree that you shouldn't start with a big meal or you won't get very far. Water and ssmall snacks wil keep you going. I'm going to try again this year.......maybe I'll make it past Germany. :beer:

CU Tiger
05-07-2010, 01:00 PM
If you complete it, I would suggest not going on Mission Space afterward :ack:. Good Luck!

My DW and I have always wanted to, but my DDs do not have the patients to wait for us to finish our drinks :beer:. They want to keep moving and do some rides.:mickey:

CardsFan81
05-08-2010, 10:15 PM
We did it in December. We actually went the opposite way though.

I remember it went bad with sake in Japan. That was pretty much the tipping point. So, unless you truly love sake, I'd avoid it (personally).

Something we thought was cool to do though was Soarin' immediately after.

We timed our Fast Passes just right to enjoy Soarin' after our celebration lap. It was loads of fun!

And don't plan on doing too much the next day.:ill:

ibrowse17
05-08-2010, 11:56 PM
Ah the memories... Good luck:beer: