PDA

View Full Version : Talking Mickey Mouse at Disneyland!

Buttercup
05-05-2010, 10:52 PM
I saw this on another website! The same moveable characters (that blink and their mouths move) that are in the castle stage show and in the Christmas parade, etc. are now available for kids to meet at Disneyland!
I hope it comes to WDW! My son always asks why the characters are silent when he meets them. I tell him that they're saving their voices for singing in a show later on... :secret:

Anyway, go to You Tube and search "Talking Mickey At Disneyland" and you'll see the cool video where Mickey meets 2 little girls and even calls them by name!

Disney4us2
05-06-2010, 12:47 AM
Did they say where at Disneyland? I would love to see it. We are going on Sat.

WDWfanatic742
05-06-2010, 03:49 PM
From the Disney Parks Blog: Link w/ Video (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/05/mickey-mouse-testing-one-two-three-testing/)

Some lucky Disneyland park guests experienced a very special meet and greet with Mickey Mouse this week.

Mickey, who usually saves his voice for shows and parades, talked with guests and interacted with them in never-before-seen ways! This was part of a process we call “playtesting” as it gives us a chance to develop new concepts with our guests long before they end up in the Parks. “We’re always looking for innovative ways to let guests interact with our beloved characters,” says Disney Imagineer and head of Advanced Development Scott Trowbridge. “And we have many more surprises up our sleeves.”

Since many guests did not have an opportunity to experience this, here’s a short video that shows some of the fun.

There are comments from the person who wrote the article saying that this was only a test and is "a ways off from adding this to the Park on a regular basis". However, for just being a test and the beginning of something new, it looks really awesome.

Disney4us2
05-09-2010, 10:33 AM
Went to DL yesterday. I stopped at City Hall first thing and they checked to see if the talking Mickey was still there. Sadly not any more. I missed seeing him by one day:( They said it was just an experiment. I hope the results were good and that they bring talkimg MIckey back.

paragon
05-21-2010, 07:34 PM
I just watched a video clip of this. It looks really cool. I'm thinking, these little kids probably thought it was the coolest thing ever, and yet probably have no idea that they are the first ever to have Mickey talk directly to them!
This is by far, one of the best ideas I have seen in a long time. It seems to be very well done. I hope it moves forwrd!