PDA

View Full Version : Verizon App MB Usage

Goofy4TheWorld
05-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Does anyone have any experience with knowing how much MB usage is billed to use the WDW Park App with Verizon.

I currently have no data service on my phone, so I am going to add a data package just long enough to use the app on my trip.

I am trying to decide whether 25MB for $9.99 would be enough, or if I have to pay for unlimited usage.

I would just pay the unlimited rate for one month and be done with it, but my trip spans two billing cycles with Verizon, so I am afraid I may have to pay for a package for TWO months because of the split billing cycle, and paying for unlimited data for two months might change my mind about using the App.

Has anyone went for a week and used the app for under 25MB, or is that a hopeless cause?

Itchy
05-05-2010, 06:18 PM
I am not sure myself. I have 25 mb on my phone and am not going to use the app.

I would suggest just calling your local store and ask one of the reps there, they should be able to give you the information you request.

Hope this helps.:mickey:

Goofy4TheWorld
05-15-2010, 02:48 PM
Wow, nobody out there has used the Disney app and only subscribed to the 25MB plan (or paid by the MB) and can give me some idea of your MB usage??? :shrug:

I thought for sure someone would have used this app before...

:help:

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-16-2010, 08:29 PM
I don't have the app, but did some digging and it seems that others are reporting that 25MB was more than enough for their trip.

But, not having used it myself, I can't say for sure. Sorry!

VWL Mom
05-17-2010, 07:41 AM
We have an older plan which has unlimited data/text so I normally don't pay attention. I did just pull out my last bill though to see what I can find. I only used data last month for checking my bank once when I got a text about activity on my Chase card. I was online for 2 - 3 minutes and it recorded as 1MB (seems like maybe they round up?). I guess a call to VWZ to see if they do in fact round up on the 25MB might help you in your decision.

Goofy4TheWorld
07-18-2010, 04:18 PM
I thought I would pass along my experience now that I have finally got my last Verizon bill covering our trip.

We didn't even use 2 full megabytes over 7 days. Because our two year old didn't cooperate with us very well, I only used the app about 8-10 times a day.

If you are only going to use it to check standby & fastpass times, you would be as well off to just pay $1.99 per MB and not get the 25MB plan. Getting the 25MB plan would be ok if you really used it a lot for show times, parades, characters, maps, transportation, and all of the other stuff it can do.

I will say that the app, even with my limited riding time this trip, was VERY handy and well worth the money. If I was on a trip with older kids (or adults only) I think this app would have been worth it's weight in gold. On one occasion I overheard a family (who's nerves seemed a little frayed) leaving the Tower or Terror area to go see if the TSM line was down, and I flipped my phone open and showed the family that the wait was still 110 minutes, and the Dad was very grateful to get the tantrum over with on Sunset Blvd instead of having to walk all the way over to TSM first and then do the temper tantrum.

JSparrow
07-20-2010, 02:11 PM
Where can you get this app? I have a Verizon Blackberry and would like to get it.

Goofy4TheWorld
07-20-2010, 02:42 PM
I am pretty sure that this app is only available for "dumb" phones like my LG enV 3, and is not available for any "smart" phones like the Blackberry.

I could be wrong, but I think I have read here on Intercot about how odd it is that the smart phones can't get this app.

I am sure someone else will confirm this though.

WDWfanatic742
07-22-2010, 03:33 AM
Correct Blackberry is not on the list of compatiable phones, neither is any Android phone as far as I'm aware...

g8rgirl29
07-23-2010, 11:17 AM
I thought I would pass along my experience now that I have finally got my last Verizon bill covering our trip.

We didn't even use 2 full megabytes over 7 days. Because our two year old didn't cooperate with us very well, I only used the app about 8-10 times a day.

If you are only going to use it to check standby & fastpass times, you would be as well off to just pay $1.99 per MB and not get the 25MB plan. Getting the 25MB plan would be ok if you really used it a lot for show times, parades, characters, maps, transportation, and all of the other stuff it can do.

I will say that the app, even with my limited riding time this trip, was VERY handy and well worth the money. If I was on a trip with older kids (or adults only) I think this app would have been worth it's weight in gold. On one occasion I overheard a family (who's nerves seemed a little frayed) leaving the Tower or Terror area to go see if the TSM line was down, and I flipped my phone open and showed the family that the wait was still 110 minutes, and the Dad was very grateful to get the tantrum over with on Sunset Blvd instead of having to walk all the way over to TSM first and then do the temper tantrum.

Thank you for sharing this info. My DH has the enV3 and we plan on using this app in Sept and were pretty worried about the amt of MB used.