PDA

View Full Version : Pop Warner

Sunshine1010
05-05-2010, 02:21 AM
What are the dates for Pop Warner?

What dates do the teams start arriving at the resorts?

TammiMcMan
05-05-2010, 05:41 PM
12/4-12/11

Sunshine1010
05-06-2010, 05:34 AM
Thank You! I actually found it on the official website. (go figure...) he he he

disneymom2000
05-06-2010, 08:40 AM
I looked everywhere for those dates and couldn't find them. So I went and booked blindly with Magical Journeys for the 12th to the 16th. I can't believe my luck that I get there when Pop Warner week is over. I am soooo happy. :cloud9:

Daisy'sMom
05-06-2010, 06:19 PM
Isn't it a sad commentary about the youth of today when we are relieved to find out we won't be staying at Disney when so many of them will be there? I always make sure we stay away that week. The only thing worse is a group of yellow tee shirts singing while shoving their way by.:mickey:

TammiMcMan
05-06-2010, 07:21 PM
Isn't it a sad commentary about the youth of today when we are relieved to find out we won't be staying at Disney when so many of them will be there? It's unfortunate that there have been some bad apples, but I don't think I'd paint them all with that broad of a brush. As to the reasons why some people choose to stay at the resort before or after Pop Warner week, there are actually many reasons. It's a large crowd that tends to spend a lot of time at the resort. This translates to crowded facilities, like the food court, pools and internal buses. Cheerleaders practice routines in the grass between buildings and I haven't met too many cheerleaders who are introverts or who have soft, inside voices ;). Not that their haven't been guests who've witnessed more serious issues, but most of the complaints are what I noted above.

For those concerned, these groups have almost no impact on the crowds within the parks.

faline
05-06-2010, 07:44 PM
I haven't met too many cheerleaders who are introverts or who have soft, inside voices ;).

Just had to comment here. Early last December, we took an impromptu trip to Disney World to join my brother's family who was vacationing there. We flew Southwest out of Manchester. I was more than a little concerned when I realized that a large number of the seats on our plane would be occupied by a group of cheerleaders who were headed to the Pop Warner championships. To top it off, we had paid for Early Bird seating so, when we entered the plane and chose our seats, the cheerleaders had not yet boarded. Soon, we were surrounded by cheerleaders. They were in front of us, in back of us, all around us. I began to prepare for the worst. I must say, though, all of those girls were very well behaved. Sure, there was the usual teenage chatter and giggling but we found every one of them polite and well behaved.

disneymom2000
05-06-2010, 10:37 PM
I'm sorry. I miscommunicated I think. I love kids. I was actually thinking about the crowds not how rowdy kids tend to be. Usually kids in organizations seem to be a lot easier to deal with than kids in their teens on their own.