PDA

View Full Version : Any idea's were a good place to go to in the world at Epcot?

Bellelover
05-04-2010, 09:18 PM
I am going to go see the illuminations show at Epcot and the last time i saw it was very crowded...Is there any good spot that are not crowded that i can easily see the show??

Fastpasssteve
05-04-2010, 11:30 PM
All of the best viewing spots are ipso facto the most crowded, in my experience. However, some spots offer more room. I prefer the area between the two large stores as one exits Future World and enters the World Showcase. I try to get there at least 20 minutes before. You might consider having the most tired adult stake out a spot for you, while the other takes the kids to shop in one of the two stores or get some popcorn in Canada to fill the time. The ducks like the popcorn, but one isn't really supposed to feed them.

Some people like the area in between France and England on that lower terrace, but there is less space there.

You might consider getting dinner reservations at the Rose & Crown, asking for outside seating for Illuminations. Same goes for the new restaurant in Mexico...but that opens in the Fall. Sorry. Best of luck to you.

DisneyLuver91
05-05-2010, 06:07 PM
I got a pretty good view of Illuminations at the America pavilion, right on the fountain. I was in a wheelchair (due to knee problems) and my sisters and mom sat on the fountain itself. It was actually pretty nice.

faline
05-05-2010, 07:09 PM
If you really want a good view, you need to stake out your spot early and stay until the show. There's simply no place that will be a great view that's uncrowded unless:
1. You get VIP viewing
2. You're invited to a private party in a reserved viewing area or
3. You get patio seating at the Rose n Crown.

disneymom2000
05-05-2010, 10:34 PM
I see this post a lot and most of the time the advice is to get settled a while before the show starts, however, I have done this numerous times only to have loads of people show up as it is starting and push in front of people who took the time to get their spot. Sometimes people will stand right in front of where you have been sitting for an hour and get quite ugly when asked to sit so the people behind can also view. :(I have also done the outside seating at Rose & Crown and had a great seat but as soon as it started, the people from inside the restaurant came out and stood over the railings completely obliterating any view of the persons sitting at the tables. :envy: One can only hope to get a good seat somewhere and hope the show is not spoiled for them. I hope you get to see the show in it's entirety with no problems.:thumbsup:

MarknTara
05-06-2010, 05:37 AM
Yeah, wherever yo go, there is always the chance that some rude person will walk right in front of you. However, I really reccomend Rose&Crown. My family and I have eaten there twice. The food was great, and the first time (when we were seated inside) the staff took my little brother and I outside to watch the show. It's a nice place to eat, and you'll generally get a very good view of the show!

mjm12000
05-06-2010, 01:09 PM
Ok i will tell you my secret spot that has never been crowded when I have been there... go to France, you will see the crepe stand by the water and to the right of it towards America you will see some benches and tables and some trees, if you stand in this area you will be looking off into the lagoon between two of the little islands, but no worries the globe parks itself right in the centre of those islands so as long as you can see between the little islands you will have an unobstructed view and hardly anyone ever stands here I think because they think the view is obstructed, but it actually isn't and there are lots of tables and chairs and benches around to sit on.