PDA

View Full Version : Let’s go again in May BUT hope its drier this time pre-trip report

luvDaMouse
05-04-2010, 12:30 PM
Cast:
Me: Dana
DH: Tom
When and Where?
Staying at the Poly 5/21 to 5/24
Boardwalk villas 5/24 to 5/29

We have gone the last 2 years in May and love this time of year. BUT last year it poured :rain:for most of our vacation so I am hoping for some drier conditions this year:sun: They changed the dates for the Garden Festival so we will be missing it this year( that’s ok I have seen it the last 2 years) I am very excited to stay at 2 new resorts 1st up the Poly! I have wanted to stay here since I was a little girl, and when the 40% deluxe resorts was available I thought what better way to try it than to add a couple days on there before heading on to our DVC villa. First it was just going to be a Friday and Sat night but I went ahead and added on Sunday night too! This will be a trip of some “firsts” for us. We have never stayed at either of these resorts so that is the first “first.

Some others are:
Watching Wishes and the water parade from the Beach at the Poly, renting Water Mice, extra magic hours at MK till 2am we will need a nap that day ;) golf at Osprey Ridge, extra magic hours at AK till 10pm (never been there when its dark) we have never seen the parade there either so we will stay for that, go to Jellyrolls at BW. We will be trying some new restaurants also, Kona for dinner, Chefs de France, Fultons , Boma, Trails end and The Plaza.
We are looking forward to relaxing at the Poly, one of those hammocks overlooking the castle looks like heaven to me :cloud9: Also looking forward to being at the Boardwalk and walking to Epcot and DHS and having some nachos at ESPN while hopefully watching the Penguins play in the Stanley Cup!! We won’t be park commandos this trip but we will be heading to a park each day for a little while, as much as I would like to try and just stay at the resort and relax I can’t bring myself to be sooo close and not go at all
Well, that’s it I am wishing for good weather but if not oh well I would rather be at Disney in the rain than not at all!

Thanks for reading!
Dana
16 days! But who’s counting??:yes:

faline
05-04-2010, 12:33 PM
Great plans! I hope the rain stays away from you during your trip!

princessgirls
05-04-2010, 01:21 PM
Sounds like you have a wonderful vacation planned. I truly hope the rain stays away for you!

Julie:mickey:

ozmom
05-04-2010, 01:50 PM
Looking forward to hearing about your stay at the Poly. Have a wonderful trip - hopefully better weather this trip. :mickey:

DizNee143
05-04-2010, 03:26 PM
sounds like its going to be a wonderful trip for you and your hubby! hope you guys have a wonderful time..cant wait to read all about it once you guys get back!!! :mickey:

RedSoxFan
05-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Have a great time.:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
05-04-2010, 08:28 PM
Hi Dana,
Yeah! You're trip is almost here! I put Poly pics in the trip report I did a few weeks ago..check them out if you want!! I wish you a great time, dry weather, and I look forward to your report when you come back!~lisa

MizMissy
05-04-2010, 08:56 PM
I'm joining in your wish for dry weather! We will be there at the same time (although a few days shorter, 5/23-5/28) and I am looking forward to a wonderful getaway with the family. We had to cancel last year's February trip and I'm having serious withdrawals.

Have a great trip!!!

DiannaJ
05-04-2010, 11:02 PM
You and I must have been there the same time last May we got rained out also so this time we are going earlier 9th thru the 17th hopefully that takes care of the rain..HOPE HOPE HOPE. We are trying the Poly too this year I usually stay at the WL and FW but wanted to spurlge because I'll be bringing my grandmother and my mom this time and we needed more room because of the wheel chair and scooter. The other reason is that WL's handicap room only has one king bed and I wasn't aware of that until we arrived and were told of this situation. My grandma has restless leg so we needed another bed so I could sleep. That bit of info sure would have been nice to know but no one at Disney told us even after I had asked about 2 beds..The Poly is better suited for all of us. I hope your trip is going to be dry and fun this time.:thumbsup:

yjgirl32
05-05-2010, 08:52 AM
I wish you guys a great trip- dryer weather- and I really really like the part about watching the Penguins in the Stanley Cup. Good luck and have a magical trip.

KylesMom
05-05-2010, 09:33 AM
I hope that the weather cooperates for you this time around and you enjoy your new resorts! Great plans with some very cool "firsts" for you. Looking forward to hearing all about it upon your return! :mickey: