PDA

View Full Version : I need help

thesplashmountaineer
05-04-2010, 12:09 PM
I have been to WDW a dozen times but never to Disneyland. I would like to go this October but I need help from you guys to convince my wife... she doesn't think there will be enough things to do because there are only 2 parks and also she's affraid to not feel the magic the same way because of the location and everything.... any suggestions on what could convince her???

cer
05-04-2010, 12:35 PM
I understand your wife's concern, I have only been to Disneyland once as a child so I'm not the best one to offer advice... BUT that new World of Color show will be up and running by then and it looks like it is going to be phenomenal. I would be willing to go just for that!

NewDVCowner
05-04-2010, 02:06 PM
How long are you planning on coming out?

While I would say that a whole week in Disneyland is probably much more than you need, you probably need three or four days to get a good feel for it. October is a wonderful time of year to go! Plus there are so many things to do in LA, itself, that you can certainly combind the trip to DL into sightseeing throughout that whole area.

thesplashmountaineer
05-04-2010, 02:13 PM
we are planning to go to California for a week, probably in October.

Good to know that October is a great time to go!!!

Disney4us2
05-04-2010, 03:25 PM
The magic is alive and well at Disneyland Resort. It is just on a smaller scale. There is so many attractions that WDW does not have. In Oct there is Mickey's Trick or Treat Party at DCA. Both parks are all decked out in the fall colors with Halloween theming. Haunted Mansion Holiday is up and running (maybe Small World Holiday depending on when in Oct. you will be there. Hopefully they will be doing the Halloween Screams fireworks. They were incredible last year.:thumbsup:

The magic keeps me going there week after week. I just can't stay away:mickey:

Tiggerlovr9000
05-05-2010, 07:10 PM
I went 2 yrs ago for the first time and found that I after I quit comparing the two that I has a great time. I liked being able to walk from one park to the next and also to downtown disney, I also like being able to cross the street from the parks and eat at an IHOP. Also even though some of the rides have the same name as in WDW they are still different..We are going back next Feb.

tinkwest
05-05-2010, 07:27 PM
I enjoy going in October. It is not yet "holiday crowded", but feels festive with the autumn decorations. You should be able to experience Haunted Mansion Holiday in October.