PDA

View Full Version : Autograph baseball caps

barbiegirl314
05-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Hi Everyone!

I'm thinking ahead to our Oct. trip and trying to come up w/ a different idea for autographs. I think my DS 14 is going to pass (although I'm hoping to change his mind, how can you ever be to old :confused:), but for DS 5 I was thinking maybe a baseball cap. He always wears a hat anyways and it would be something different.

Does anyone know if they sell caps for this purpose?

joonyer
05-04-2010, 12:50 PM
Just buy any light-colored hat of your choice and a couple of "Sharpie" pens in your favorite colors. They'll write on anything. But a hat won't have room for very many autographs, so you may want more than one.

One of my youngest son's favorite Disney souvenirs form his first trip (he was 6) is a "Goofy" hat, you know, the one with ears, which he got signed by Goofy himself at the Barnstormer on that first trip. It's the only autograph he got on the hat. All the rest he got in a book. He wore the hat on every WDW trip for several years after that, but he's 14 now and too "grown up" to be seen in public wearing a goofy hat anymore. But it's still hanging on his bedpost.

Meg's Mom
06-14-2010, 06:05 PM
We did this for my daughter a couple of years ago. We bought a white hat that said Disney World on the back of it and it has a little pink mouse on it. We bought it at the gift shop for around $16. I am sure that they also had kahki hats too. As long as it is a lighter colored hat it will work. Buy it at your resort gift shop before you go to the parks because you never know who you will see when you first get there. And you don't want to miss a great autograph! We brought 5 different bright colored sharpies and kept them close at hand. She wore that hat the whole time she was there. The hat was full till we left. It is neat to see all the different autographs. Much better than an autograph book that never gets looked at. Plus really how many autograph books do you really need?

crltkcagle
06-18-2010, 09:59 AM
We did this two years ago. I purchased light gray hats for my boys with the pirates logo on the front. The carried around different colored sharpies and had the characters sign. By the end of the trip the characters were having to sign on the inside of the hat because we ran out of room. We know have the hats displayed on our wall in our Disney room.