PDA

View Full Version : quick service dining

motherof4
05-04-2010, 10:05 AM
I just noticed the free ddp is a little different this yr. you have to stay in a moderate resort in order to get full service dining, I was wondering if it is worth it to get the quick service dining and if the counter service meals were good. and if I could upgrade from the quick service to the full service dining.whick is more affordable, moderate resort with free full service dining or value resort with the upgrade?

Ms. Mode
05-04-2010, 11:43 AM
There is so much variety at WDW that we like the QS meals, however I believe you can upgrade for $10 per day to the DDP with a TS meal. (Still a bargain!) :mickey:

AmandaChan
05-04-2010, 11:47 AM
If my husband and I were to decide we would go with the moderate resort. We did not notice a humongous difference in the price of the resort considering how different it is and how much nicer it is..

We always stay at the value resorts and last year we stayed at POFQ and the transportation, calmness of the resort and the landscape and overall experience was totally worth it. With the full service I would imagine that you can eat quick service during the day and full service at night. I can't imagine having to eat quick service meals every single night. Not that they're bad but they're not all great and the enjoyment of sitting at a table in a nice restaurant (and there's plenty to chose from) would make up for it.. It's just really relaxing and there are more options.

PharmD
05-04-2010, 01:43 PM
I just noticed the free ddp is a little different this yr. you have to stay in a moderate resort in order to get full service dining, I was wondering if it is worth it to get the quick service dining and if the counter service meals were good. and if I could upgrade from the quick service to the full service dining.whick is more affordable, moderate resort with free full service dining or value resort with the upgrade?

It all depends on what you like. The counter service meals are all fine. You get your normal fast food fare; burgers, sandwiches, salads, etc. At the resort food courts any of the food there is considered counter service. Yes you can upgrade your package from quick service dining to dining for the difference in the meal plans which is about $10 per day per person on the package. We decided to upgrade to the moderate resort and the difference was about $170 more. You can take a look at the restaurants and what each dining package includes here, which is the official disney page http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/benefits/disney-dining-plan/, or here which is found here at intercot, http://intercot.com/infocentral/dining/diningguide/default.asp. If you have any questions please feel free to ask or pm me.

Jennifer_and_Chris
05-04-2010, 02:27 PM
We actually like the QSDP because we aren't tied down to ADR's every single day and our family grazes all day long. We pay OOP for 2-3 TS meals. But, that's the best for us. Well, was the best for us.

With that said, this year since our youngest is three this month, we'd have to pay for a dining plan for her. she does not need her own meal! She'd rather eat my food than her own EVEN IF IT'S THE SAME THING!!!! haahaaahaa.... Our 2 girls can happily share a meal. So, this October, we have decided to try everything OOP. we have 4 TS meals planned and everything else will be QS. BUT, that's what we say now. Our minds could change any minute ... :cool:

Goofy Texan
05-05-2010, 05:01 PM
Don't forget if you upgrade to the regular dining plan you have to account for tipping. Depending on the meal and your table size tips could run $20 or more. I was thinking of upgrading but decided it wasn't worth it once tips were figured in. For two adults it's an extra $20 per day to upgrade then $10-20 for tips resulting in an extra $30-40 per day to eat.

It takes a little looking to find something other than a hamburger, hot dog, nuggets, or pizza at a QS location - but there is no need to just eat those items for a whole week. I thought it might be fun to search out the QS locations at the resorts. I've heard the ones in the deluxe hotels have better options and cost more so I've avoided them in the past. This next visit we'll be hitting a few of them for sure.