PDA

View Full Version : Count Down Calendar's Question

Bubbie Girl
05-03-2010, 09:57 PM
This for all of you who make a count down calendar...how far in advance to you start it and what are some ideas for making one?? I would like to make one for my family this year. We are 73 days away from WDW. Maybe some of you could put up a picture of your countdown calendars for all of us to see:)
I am sure some of you have very creative calendars!!!:thumbsup:

faline
05-04-2010, 08:07 AM
I simply have one on my computer that I downloaded from Intercot!

Jennifer_and_Chris
05-04-2010, 01:30 PM
I have many ideas for this.....

Most of my ideas are 1 month out.

1. On a cardboard, cut out mickey heads for the days. you can either glue them on the board with the number on the mickey ear. Cross them out the old fashion way with a black marker.

2. Same as #1 but, mickey ears are taped. Rip the day off and underneath is some tidbit or reminder or "to do" item for the trip. I've heard of people getting the different colored mickey ears from Home Depot or Lowes Disney paint chips that are already conveniently in the shape you need!

3. Have one big mickey ear cut in 31 pieces. You have pictures of trips past under and when you pull the last piece out, it's a picture the car packed, sign in the window - disney or bust, suitcased packed... basically a photo collage covered by a black mickey ears cut in 31 pieces.

I've got more but, have to go into my idea box at home.... I'm getting all giddy!

Giggy
05-04-2010, 02:51 PM
Mine isn't anything fancy, I searched on the internet for a countdown timer. I set it at the start of October on the day we booked our holiday... it was 325 days then, it is now 113.

The countdown is for August 25th 2010, 10:25am British Summer Time. This is the time that our plane is due to leave Manchester airport for Orlando. :plane:

At the time of writing it says:
112 days, 14 hours, 33 minutes, 45 seconds.:party:

Jennifer_and_Chris
05-04-2010, 04:06 PM
I forgot to add that I have my countdown timer on my desktop. I set it the day I know we have a trip ahead of it.

The paper countdown is something for the kids (and for us!) to do that REALLY GETS US EXCITED!