PDA

View Full Version : Which would be best?

tundramom
05-03-2010, 08:16 PM
I am able to make ADR's this Sun for our upcoming Nov. trip. I know where and when I want seating, the problem is a single friend may or may not be joining us for some of the trip. If I make ADR's for 4 and then up only needing 3 will we get hassled at the restaurants? I know we could just make for the 3 of us now, but I really don't want to get into the rebooking hassles that will come once our friend has actually pinned down his travel arrangements (last year we literally knew about 3 weeks before our trip). My thoughts are a table for 4 or 3 is really no different, but I'm sure if we book 3 then try to seat 4 we could run into issues. What do you all think?

Seasonscraps
05-03-2010, 08:21 PM
I would make the ADRs for 4 and update them if your friend decides not to join you. It's easier to take someone off the reservation then add someone on.

Fastpasssteve
05-03-2010, 10:09 PM
Book for four people. The restaurants won't care if 3 or 4 people will be sitting at any table...the size of the table will be the same. If you booked for 3, you would still be seated at a 4-top table. The difference between a 2 or 3 person reservation or a 4 or 5 person reservation is that they require a different sized table. You are safe.

Jeffybob
05-03-2010, 11:09 PM
A 4-top is much easier to book than a 3-top. Trust me on this one. A CM at guest services taught me that once upon a time.

Book for 4, they do not care if your fourth does not show up. :mickey:

Pocahontas
05-05-2010, 02:34 PM
I've made ADR's for 4 and then 1 became sick and couldn't make it; it wasn't a problem at all. No hassle, no questions. Like another post said, it's the same size table for 3 or for 4 people.

Davy Crockett
05-05-2010, 03:04 PM
The only thing I can add to this is, that if your ADR's require a CC to hold the reservation and you book for 4 but only 3 show. You will be charged for 4, unless you call and cancel within the required time frame.

tundramom
05-05-2010, 08:05 PM
The only thing I can add to this is, that if your ADR's require a CC to hold the reservation and you book for 4 but only 3 show. You will be charged for 4, unless you call and cancel within the required time frame.

OOh, I hadn't thought of that, good tip!
Thanks everyone else for allaying my concerns.:thumbsup: