PDA

View Full Version : single rider lines?

DizneeFan13
05-03-2010, 08:10 PM
I am heading back to the world next week and am finding myself with somealone time and I was curious which rides have single rider lines? Thanks to all these great intercot dizney nuts (I mean that with a ton of respect :mickey:) for the help.

Melanie
05-03-2010, 08:32 PM
My two favorites are Test Track and Expedition Everest. :thumbsup:

c&d
05-04-2010, 09:51 AM
RnRC has a single rider lane.

faline
05-04-2010, 09:53 AM
Mission Space also has a single rider line.

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-04-2010, 11:43 AM
test track, expedition everest and splash mountain come to mind

Going2HeavenRU
05-04-2010, 01:19 PM
Splash Mountain has a single rider line? Is this something new? Where does the line start?

I have never seen a single rider line a SM before and would love to use it next time I am there.

AXOAlum
05-05-2010, 08:15 PM
I didn't realize that families/groups can also use the single rider line, so be prepared that it isn't just for single riders who are alone. It made the wait time a lot longer at Test Track when we visited last July.

faline
05-05-2010, 08:45 PM
I didn't realize that families/groups can also use the single rider line, so be prepared that it isn't just for single riders who are alone. It made the wait time a lot longer at Test Track when we visited last July.

Even families can get into the single rider line but they need to be prepared to be split up. I've seen family members try to argue with cast members about how they want to be able to ride together and cast members needing to tell them that's not the way it works in the single rider lines.

MarknTara
05-06-2010, 05:44 AM
Just about all the big hit rides have a single rider line, like test track, tower of terror (I think...), Rockin' roller coaster, splash mountain and big thunder mountain

CU Tiger
05-06-2010, 12:10 PM
Single rider lines are great, just as long as the CM stand firm to the point of the line. You may be split up. CMs seem to be taught to be accomidating and keep people happy, but not at the expense at others waiting in a longer line. It is amazing how people think this stuff does not apply to them.:mickey:

Disneypixie513
05-06-2010, 12:32 PM
The only single rider lines I've seen are for Rock n rollar coaster, Test Track, and exbedition everest. If there are others, they're hidden or something so that I can't find them. :confused: :secret:

mjm12000
05-06-2010, 01:17 PM
I have to say from my experience the single rider lines at WDW tend to not be that much of a time saver as lots of groups and families use them, last time I waited for over and hour in the single rider line at RNRC and finally gave up when I realized the regular line was moving faster... I find at Disneyland the single rider lines work great but in general at WDW they tend to not be that much shorter than the regular lines and on many rides if there is no single rider line they sometimes will call out to ask if there are any single riders and you get to go to the front of the line, this happens to me all the time on TOT

badkitty
05-06-2010, 10:19 PM
I just returned from WDW and ToT, Spash Mt and BTMRR do not have single rider lines. Splash Mt and BTRR are "two-seater" side-by-sides so there would be no reason to need a single rider. For ToT, you may be able to "pass" folks while waiting in the boiler room if they have single seats to fill.

WDWdriver
05-06-2010, 10:55 PM
The whole point of a single rider line is to fill any remaining vacant seats after loading from the standby and fastpass lines. Expedition Everest has side-by-side two person seating, so loading a family of three (or 5 or 7) means we have a vacant seat left over. That's when we take the next person from the single rider line to fill that vacant seat. It would be next to impossible for a family group to be loaded together from the single rider line. We simply don't do that - not even to be "accommodating". Single rider means single rider.

And, yes, I have often seen the wait time for single rider to be longer than standby.

badkitty
05-06-2010, 11:34 PM
I forgot that EE has a single rider line and is a "side-by-side". There must be another reason that Splash and BTMRR don't have single rider lines.

MarknTara
05-07-2010, 05:46 AM
I'm surprised to hear that so many people don't think the single rider lines work! I agree that some people do not use them properly, but for the most part they are much shorter and faster than the regular lines. We used the singles frequently last September, and got in so many more rides than if we hadn't! And as for the TOT thing, they only call for single riders if they have a random extra seat in one elevator. Its not a matter of cutting someone else off, its a matter of cramming as many people as they can into one elevator.

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-07-2010, 09:26 AM
test track, expedition everest and splash mountain come to mind

I thought either Splash Mountain or Space Mountain had the single rider line but I could be mistaken. My son used these in all the roller coasters when its available because I do not ride them.