PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Week

mgmnut
05-03-2010, 01:24 PM
I know any Holiday at Disney is going to be busy, but how busy is Thanksgiving week? Is the whole week packed or just the days around Thanksgiving? We are looking at going down Sunday to Sunday 11/21 to 11/28. I am wondering if I am looking at a couple of days of madness, or a whole week. How crowded is it as compared to other busytimes?

"When to go" shows:

THE NEXT BEST TIME TO VISIT
Beginning of October until Thanksgiving
Week before Christmas

It says until Thanksgiving, what about Thanksgiving itself? Does it fallin a Catagory similar to Christmas?

Unfortunately I don't have many other choices than this week in Nov due to everyone's schedule.

faline
05-03-2010, 06:30 PM
If you arrive the Sunday before Thanksgiving, things should be pretty good for the first couple of days. By Tuesday, the crowds will be descending and will reach moderately high for the holiday and the remainder of the week. Crowds typically are not as high as Christmas, New Year's, or 4th of July.

GoofysGirl
05-04-2010, 12:55 PM
We were there for Thanksgiving in 2008 - arrived on the Saturday before & left the Saturday after. The crowds were great up through Tuesday. By Wednesday, it was PACKED!! At Epcot, 3 hour wait for Test Track & we were lucky to get fast passes for Soarin because they sold out early in the day. We went to Chef Mickey's & Downtown Disney on Thanksgiving Day - didn't even attempt a park. DTD didn't seem overly crowded. It was a great time. We were able to ride Pirates of the Caribbean over & over again & Big Thunder Mountain RR as well in the evenings - crowds really thinned out then. The Christmas decorations were up too - Gorgeous!!! Enjoy!:cloud9: