PDA

View Full Version : General Public: Free Dining Offer 8/15-10/2/10

Tink1
05-03-2010, 07:03 AM
Enjoy the Disney Dining Plan FREE when you purchase a Magic Your Way Vacation Package at Select Disney Moderate and Deluxe Resorts. Value Resorts will receive FREE Quick Service Dining.

As a special thank you ALL clients traveling to any Disney Resort between August 15th and October 2, 2010 will receive a BONUS Photopass Certificate valid for one 5x7 Photopass Print of your choosing. There has never been a better time to create memories, and we hope to make your magical journey even more special.

Photpass certificate valid for all existing, new and transferred reservations.

Booking and Travel Window:

Booking Window: May 3 – Aug. 14, 2010
Travel Window: Valid for stays most nights Aug. 15 – Oct. 2, 2010
Minimum 3 night Stay
Minimum 2 day base tickets

•$1,843 for a family of four*, staying in a standard room at a select Disney Moderate Resort. That’s like paying $77 per person, per day!
•$1,440 for a family of four*, staying in a standard room at a select Disney Value Resort. That’s like paying $60 per person, per day!

* Price based on 2 Adults, 1 Junior and 1 Child. The number of packages available at these rates is limited. Savings based on the non-discounted price for the same package. Tickets are for 1 theme park per day and must be used within 14 days of first use. No group rates or other discounts apply. Offer is nontransferable. Advance reservations required.

** Excludes gratuities and alcoholic beverages. Children ages 3-9 must order from the children’s menu if available. Some table-service restaurants may have limited or no availability at time of package purchase.

Contact Magical Journeys and book today! (http://yourmagicaljourneys.com/)

Nanci'

Tink1
05-03-2010, 08:25 AM
Oops, forgot to put that the Bonus PhotoPass offer is bookable until May 15th!

Nanc

yjgirl32
05-03-2010, 08:51 AM
Thanks for the update.

Belster
05-03-2010, 09:19 AM
awww....man! Can they extend it to November 6th???? Please???????!!!!!!!:mickey:

MMFreak
05-03-2010, 10:04 AM
Arrrggghhhh I tried calling this morning to get the free dining as I got ready for work and of course I made the dumb mistake of calling from my home phone. I started at 7:30am EST, I was on hold for 45 minutes and then had to hang up so that I could leave for work :mad:. I then dialed again as soon as I was in my car and was again on hold for another 40 minutes and as I walked into my job my line was disconnected and I heard a recording saying all circuits are busy :( I have been trying again ever since and still the same error message when I dial :( :( :(

faline
05-03-2010, 10:13 AM
Arrrggghhhh I tried calling this morning to get the free dining as I got ready for work and of course I made the dumb mistake of calling from my home phone. I started at 7:30am EST, I was on hold for 45 minutes and then had to hang up so that I could leave for work :mad:. I then dialed again as soon as I was in my car and was again on hold for another 40 minutes and as I walked into my job my line was disconnected and I heard a recording saying all circuits are busy :( I have been trying again ever since and still the same error message when I dial :( :( :(

Why not avoid all the hassles and let Magical Journeys (http://yourmagicaljourneys.com/)do the booking for you?

MMFreak
05-03-2010, 10:19 AM
Thank you for the suggestion :thumbsup: but I prefer to do it myself :mickey:. I would have been OK if I had used my cell phone from the beginning but my mind isn't exactly logical when I first wake up ( a bit foggy and not thinking clearly) obviously :mickey:

PittFan
05-03-2010, 11:05 AM
My trip will be extending a few days past the free dining period. Does anyone know if i can still get free dining and just pay for the few days of the dining plan that aren't included in free dining ?

MMFreak
05-03-2010, 11:29 AM
All is well. I managed to update my reservation and only a 25 minute wait this time and it was worth my earlier aggravation as I saved nearly 900.00 woohoo:thumbsup:

Stich8818
05-03-2010, 12:29 PM
I got through in about 15 minutes..Got my dinning plan refunded..saved a TON of money..Thank You Disney!!..

vicster
05-03-2010, 12:33 PM

That's exactly why I always use Magical Journeys - they're the best!!!

crazypoohbear
05-03-2010, 01:17 PM

I use to like doing it all myself too. then I found Magical Journeys and Wendy! She is incredible and handles everything with ease, (well, she makes you think she handles it all with ease, I'm sure it's stressful at times )
Even if MJ books your room and such, you can still book your own ressies and extras if you want.
Wendy RULES!!!!!:number1:

Meredithb
05-03-2010, 02:03 PM
Does anyone know if the Free Dining will be extended into November again? We are hoping to go in Nov 2010... just wondered if there were any rumors?

faline
05-03-2010, 02:07 PM
Only Disney knows if they will extend it.

klb
05-03-2010, 02:15 PM
Hi PittFan.
I just had the DIning Plan added to our reservation (checking out 10/6). I was told by the cast member that, as long as we check in by 10/2, the Dining Plan will be applied to the whole stay.

Daisy'sMom
05-03-2010, 03:25 PM
awww....man! Can they extend it to November 6th???? Please???????!!!!!!!:mickey:

I'm hoping they extend it until Nov 9th. :mickey:

PittFan
05-03-2010, 03:39 PM
Hi PittFan.
I just had the DIning Plan added to our reservation (checking out 10/6). I was told by the cast member that, as long as we check in by 10/2, the Dining Plan will be applied to the whole stay.

Thanks Raven. I just realized that when I got my quote from Karen @ MJ. Looks like I'll be booking in the next few days. :cloud9:

olivegirl
05-03-2010, 04:25 PM
I started to dial at 7am this morning and was on hold for 45 mins..........BUT it was all worth it! We had existing ressies for POP so we upgraded to CSR and got the free dining!!! I also made our new dining ressies and got all of those as well!!!! We are POP lovers BUT I think we will love CSR also!!! :thumbsup:

Maryln8
05-03-2010, 06:16 PM
I was on hold today for two hours and when the CSR came on I accidently hit the mute button and he hung up because he couldn't hear me. I will use Magical Journeys for our future trips. :bang:

Tink1
05-03-2010, 06:25 PM
I was on hold today for two hours and when the CSR came on I accidently hit the mute button and he hung up because he couldn't hear me. I will use Magical Journeys for our future trips. :bang:

Did you just want to SCREAM?! I would have been wild. :thedolls:

Even if someone is already booked, we can help. You transfer the reservation to us and we deal with the phones, and the waits and the headaches. PLUS you get an additional Photo Pass Certificate for travel between 8/15-10/2/10!

Let us know if we can help.

Nanc

Lou Prosperi
05-03-2010, 07:22 PM
Hello,

I have a question about this.

I'm planning a trip for my family during this time (August 24 - 30). Our plan is to stay at All Star Movies, and get the Deluxe DIning Plan. Is it possible to upgrade from the Quick Service plan to the basic Dining or Deluxe Dining Plan to take advantage of this offer?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Lou Prosperi
May 1993 - Polynesian
October 1995 - All Star Music
April 2005 - Off site
August 2010 - All Star Movies

Tink1
05-03-2010, 07:51 PM
Yes, you can!

Nanci

caryrae
05-03-2010, 07:53 PM
Is the free dining something Disney is gonna do every year? How long have they been doing this? When they started doing free dining is it something they were only gonna do for a year or 2 but decided to keep doing it?

Lou Prosperi
05-04-2010, 07:38 AM
Thanks Nanci!

yjgirl32
05-04-2010, 09:23 AM
Thank you Kathy from MJ- you are awesome!!! We got free Dining from Oct 1-12th staying at CBR. Will be celebrating 2 events Dh's birthday and Friends anniversary!

KathyMJ
05-04-2010, 12:05 PM
Thank you Kathy from MJ- you are awesome!!! We got free Dining from Oct 1-12th staying at CBR. Will be celebrating 2 events Dh's birthday and Friends anniversary!

It was my pleasure!!!

PopPhan
05-04-2010, 01:25 PM
Is the free dining something Disney is gonna do every year? How long have they been doing this? When they started doing free dining is it something they were only gonna do for a year or 2 but decided to keep doing it?

They started offering the "Free Dining Plan" discount back in 2005, and it has been a yearly thing for the mid-August to end-September period since. The first year, tips and appetizers were included.

Whether or not it will continue is anyone's guess.

doodleboy
05-04-2010, 10:13 PM
Every year in September I spend time at my DVC resort and cannot take advantage of this offer I get a little hot under the collar. I understand that there is little they can do for me now that they have my money in hand and the courtship is over. But when I'm in line at Chef Mickey's with a bunch of people that are eating for free it's hard to swallow. Not to mention that all the table service restaurants are full to capacity and if you want to get a last minute reservation it is impossible. I know, I know nobody feels my pain.:nopity:

vicster
05-05-2010, 08:49 AM
Every year in September I spend time at my DVC resort and cannot take advantage of this offer I get a little hot under the collar. I understand that there is little they can do for me now that they have my money in hand and the courtship is over. But when I'm in line at Chef Mickey's with a bunch of people that are eating for free it's hard to swallow. Not to mention that all the table service restaurants are full to capacity and if you want to get a last minute reservation it is impossible. I know, I know nobody feels my pain.:nopity:

Not everyone has free dining - we're paying for dining this year but took the resort discount. After all the years I've been to WDW and paid for dining I'm glad to get a discount on something. Maybe if their food prices weren't so high they wouldn't have to offer free dining. I think reservations are so hard to get because of a combination of the dining plan and free dining. And, no, I don't feel your pain - you're a DVC member!:thumbsup:

lightyearfan
05-05-2010, 03:33 PM
this is great news as me and dw will be at WDW in Sept. :mickey:, i already did some pre calculations and the whole trip less air will only be around $1100:party:. next step booking our trip

victor

PittFan
05-06-2010, 10:35 AM
Booked with Karen @ MJ yesterday !!! Will definitely be using her to book my annual trip from now on !!! :number1:

vicster
05-06-2010, 10:40 AM
Booked with Karen @ MJ yesterday !!! Will definitely be using her to book my annual trip from now on !!! :number1:

I've been using Karen for years - she's the best!

vicster
05-06-2010, 02:21 PM

I wouldn't book any other way than Magical Journeys!

darthmacho
05-06-2010, 04:25 PM
:mickey: We're on the free dining express via Magical Journeys! What a coup!

Pop Centurion
05-08-2010, 07:09 PM
Glad we booked the bounce back offer last year since they're only offering the free quick service plan to value resort guests.

TheVBs
05-09-2010, 09:56 AM

:confused: You mean you can't get the free dining offer because you're a DVC member? Wow! I know (think) the idea of DVC is to lock in a lower rate for future resort stays, but isn't it still quite a bit of $$? I would have thought you guys would be offered more than the general public?

Harriet
05-11-2010, 07:35 PM
I just got a Pin Code for FREE Dining for November dates. Don't know if I will Benifit but I sent it to Kathy and Nanci to see if I would benifit from it since I already have my park ticket don't if it will be better than AAA. Since I am staying at POR I could use the Regular Free Dining over Quick Service. Will wait see what they tell me.

Anborn
06-09-2010, 11:22 AM
does anyone know if this has (or will be) extended into november like years past?

:crossesfingers:

Tink1
06-09-2010, 11:53 AM
does anyone know if this has (or will be) extended into november like years past?

:crossesfingers:

no word yet

Nanc

DisneyLuver91
06-26-2010, 12:28 PM
My mom and I will be spending around $1100 for a 5-night/6-day vacation, including airfare, thanks to the Free Dining Plan! I think we may have saved about $400 or so! :number1:

Anborn
07-07-2010, 08:10 AM
just heard of some folks getting an email where the deal was extended to 12/21 (some dates excluded). anyone else hear this?

edit: confirmed... its on the website now: http://bookwdw.reservations.disney.go.com/ibcwdw/en_US/specialOfferDetails?name=Promo&promotionCode=fy10q4dine&market=fy10q4dine&int_CMP=WDW_Homepage_fy10q4dineOfferTile

Offer valid for arrival dates from 8/15-10/7/10, 10/22-10/28/10, 11/12-11/18/10, 11/27-12/2/10, and 12/10-12/21/10