PDA

View Full Version : food allergies

chrim
05-03-2010, 02:32 AM
I know the WDW resort is very good about accommodating people with food allergies. I have a soy allergy and have had good luck talking to WDW restaurant chefs to find out what is in various dishes or to have custom made meals for me when needed.

Has anyone tried something similar on the DCL? Is it possible to have a food allergy noted on a cruise reservation and have the main dining room waiters and kitchen staff pre-notified so things will go more smoothly at dinner time?

Thanks for any insight and personal experiences that you can provide!

Tink1
05-03-2010, 02:09 PM
Yes, they can and will accommodate you to the best of their abilities. There is a medical form to be processed along with noting on the reservation itself.

My husband has a tree nut allergy and we have never had an issue.

Nanc

Tinkermom
05-03-2010, 05:38 PM
Our 13 year old son has a peanut/nut allergy and DCL was amazing with checking and double checking foods to be sure they were safe for him. On the Magic 2 years ago our head waiter suggested the pizza at Palo for DS on our first night since they make it onboard and were sure that it was safe. Well, DS LOVED it so our head waiter went up almost every night to get him this pizza for dinner!