PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP- worth it?

beckylovestink
05-02-2010, 06:25 PM
Is it worth it or too crowded?:confused:
Those of you that have been would love to hear what you have to say!

disneydad153
05-02-2010, 06:34 PM
We have been three times so far and just purchased tickets for halloween night this year. We enjoy it very much, although it is a little steep at $69 per adult.
I dont feel the crowds to be that bad and the kids enjoyed the parade and the trick-or-treating. They then finish off the night at the dance party in Fantasy land.
It makes for a long day, that is why take the morning off and arrive at the park around 3, just get your wrist bands later around 6. You will have a good time if you go.:mickey:

faline
05-02-2010, 06:39 PM
I've also been several times and it certainly is a lot of fun! We do things a bit differently, Generally, we'll go to the park in the morning, head back to our resort for some rest and then head out to the Magic Kingdom for the party around 4 p.m. (You can get into the park on your party ticket beginning at 4). We generally book an early dinner in the Magic Kingdom so that we're finished eating before the party begins.

During the party, we ride the rides (can't miss Haunted Mansion after dark), trick or treat, watch both parades (Keep an eye open for the Headless Horseman!), and enjoy the spectacular fireworks! There are also many opportunities for pictures with many characters - all of whom will be in Halloween gear! Speaking of which - to maximize your fun - be sure to come in costume but, when selecting your costume, keep in mind, it may be quite hot and humid even at night!

andywicks
05-03-2010, 02:26 AM
We have been a couple of times and had a fantastic night! I would highly recomment it. The Halloween parade it awesome! I would book dinner somewhere so that you can get some decent good and then just enjoy yourselves and eat far too much candy! We went in fancy dress the first time and had a ball!

You get a family photo included in the package I think!

Many people do the fancy dress so go to town - there are some restructions though which you need to look up - for example no face masks etc...

DisneyFr33k
05-03-2010, 04:45 AM
You get a family photo included in the package I think!

The first time we went, we got a photo. The second time we went we didn't.

It was alright, in our opinion. A bit pricy, though and we found the first time to be the best time. The second time we were hoping for some different things, but it was the same as the year before. So we won't be going back. Plus, our kids are older now (11 and 13) and they would get bored with it as they were the last time we went.

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
05-03-2010, 07:27 AM
Highly recommend it, at least once. We did this event Halloween night 2009 and we had a blast. It was great. Crowds not bad at all. It was so neat to see some many kids and adults dressed up. You have to see the parade. So cool.

TikiLounger
05-03-2010, 09:06 AM
We, too, went in 2009 but we went earlier in October. We had such a blast and the crowds were manageable but not too small (I'm sure it gets very crowded the closer you get to Halloween). I don't know about you, but I like it when it's crowded...just not crazy crowded. It really is something to take in at least once. So fun and I loved The Headless Horseman!

Kenny1113
05-03-2010, 09:23 AM
We Have been to mnsshp several years in a row now, and absolutely love it!!! I will mention that Halloween is one of my favorite holidays! From our expirience it has been less crowded then the regular park days, one year that we went it was sold out and we still did not wait long for rides. Like a pp stated, we go to the park around 4 or 5. We use this for our MK day. The kids always dress up and enjoy trick or treating.

Loweschevy
05-03-2010, 09:48 AM
We have gone 2 years in a row and are going back this year as well. We go in the beginning of October so the crowds are not too bad. You could walk on alomost every ride and plenty of candy if you want to keep going back. I definetely think it is worth it for us 3 adults.

crltkcagle
05-03-2010, 10:01 AM
One of our best experiences in WDW! Its something everyone should experience atleast once! :mpumpkin::bat::pumpkin::ghost::frank::witch::blac kcat: