PDA

View Full Version : No Dining Plan?

i'm grumpy
05-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Does anyone think the quick service plan is not cost effective? Last year we had breakfast at O'Hana and one morning just a muffin and mik.

faline
05-02-2010, 06:15 PM
It wouldn't be cost effective for us. We like doing some of our dining at table service restaurants. We are usually able to obtain a room discount of some sort. We often don't eat desserts so have no need for the additional offering of dessert. We usually don't eat loads of snacks. We've had the regular dining plan a few times and I know we've walked away and left unused snacks each time.

i'm grumpy
05-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Thanks. I'm thinking we wouldn't use all the credits. Don't usually eat desserts, maybe just an ice cream bar or two.

Tinker Fan
05-02-2010, 09:17 PM
We love the dining plans, we have tried both the regular plan and the quick service one and liked them both. Part of our vacation is eating at all the fun places and trying everything so that said we come out great on the plan, but if you don't think you will eat that much then it might not be worth it to you.:mickey:

Seasonscraps
05-02-2010, 11:43 PM
I think the QSDP is a push at best. Most of our CS meals average $10 per person per meal, the snacks max out @ $4 so that's $28 add in a $1-2 per day for the mug and we are right at $30 per day. We wouldn't really save money - maybe a couple of bucks one or two days but not enough to pay Disney in advance. We wouldn't save any time at the cashier. I am not sure of the benefit.

JROriole8Fan
05-03-2010, 12:03 PM
I work numbers everyway possible. For years I've found and Disney generally confirms, their package deals are for convenience. When you compare what you get in the dining plans to what you would pay, you save money. However, if you compare what you would pay, if you got only what you wanted, you always pay more with the dining plans. You are always paying less to do the work yourself and pay only for what you want. This also holds true for the DVC.

PlutoPlanet
05-03-2010, 12:07 PM
We did the Deluxe Dining plan for DW and myself. It was, well, magical to eat at Cali Grill, Citricos and Narcoosees, but it was just too much food.

i'm grumpy
05-03-2010, 04:43 PM
:thumbsup:Thanks. I think we may have spent $20/day last year. Too much to see and do. :D

Nekochan
05-04-2010, 08:28 PM
I don't like to have to commit to restaurants at a particular time every night - I'd rather pay a little more and have the freedom, but in my case, usually my son and I end up going 'commando' and grab quick meals anyway.

DizneyRox
05-04-2010, 08:56 PM
The dining plans neer made sense for me. We do a TS and CS each day typically. We don't do dessert...

We would never hae come out ahead with a dining plan. I couldn't eat only QS on vacation, only so many chicken nuggets and fries one person can tolerate.

For me, the convenience of the plans doens't stack up. Disney is hoping that people don't use all the credits as that's just extra money in their pocket. Even using the credits you have Disney is still making a killing. The DDP isn't being offered as a loss leader...

Fastpasssteve
05-05-2010, 12:55 AM
I've been giving the Dining Plan a try, but I will be travelling to WDW during the EPCOT Food and Wine Festival, and will want to take advantage of that as much as possible...so maybe this isn't the trip for the DDP.