PDA

View Full Version : Airtran Online Checkin, when to arrive at the airport?

Wishmaker
05-02-2010, 03:22 PM
I will be using the online checking for the first time for our upcoming trip. My question is this:

How far in advance will I need to arrive if I choose to use the online checkin?

This is the part that makes me nervous. If I have to be there at the same time what would be the benefit of online checkin?

Any and all answers/suggestions are more than welcome.
Thanks everyone! Happy Vacationing.:mickey:

Pirate Granny
05-02-2010, 03:57 PM
OK...maybe I don't fully understand...on-line check in...for seats or for the flight? If for seats, I can't help, but for flight...you check in at your resort and they take the luggage and you don't see again until you land...wonderful...Now for SW we normally go to the guest relations at which-ever park we are in 24 hours before our flight to sign in for our seat assignments...very helpful...
Have a wonderful trip.
:pirate:

hoop de do
05-02-2010, 04:57 PM
If you mean printing your boarding passes online; we always do that because it saves you going to airport checkin to get them. All you have to do is check your bags which is a separate line at AirTran. A lot depends on how long it takes you to get through security. We still leave a little extra time because you never know when you might run into an unforeseen predicament.
Hope I helped and have a great vaca.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

faline
05-02-2010, 05:46 PM
I would still arrive at the airport at least 2 hours before my flight. The point of arriving early is to leave adequate time to get through security or ro deal with heavy traffic on the way to the airport.

Wishmaker
05-02-2010, 06:35 PM
Sorry about that I really did not make it clear did I? :confused:

I was referring to on line checkin before we leave for the trip. Our flight is scheduled to leave at 7:00AM on Saturday. We live about 1 hour and 45 Minutes from the airport. We will still be checking in one suitcase for each of us.

So we would have to leave our home at 4:00am. I am trying to figure out if using online checkin will make a difference on when we have to leave our house. From what I am reading it doesn't really change any of that.

I also want to possibly upgrade to business class. So between paying for that upgrade and checking in our luggage, I don't see any reason to use online check in?

faline
05-02-2010, 06:41 PM
If your seats are pre-assigned, you can have your boarding passes printed when you check your luggage. And, given that you are hoping to upgrade to different seats, you're right, you would still need to get different boarding passes when you check in and upgrade.

Wishmaker
05-02-2010, 06:51 PM
Thanks so much for the feedback. This helped tons. I have eveyone has a fabulous vacation, whenever yours maybe. Mine is in 6 amazing days. :cloud9:

Suz36
05-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Don't hold me to this, but I seem to remember being given the option of an upgrade when checking in online. We check in online for every trip, but then still plan to arrive at the airport 2 hours before our flight. It just cuts down on the hassle of an already stressful (and exciting!) morning. Have a magical trip!