PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Advice

sbcummings
05-02-2010, 10:32 AM
We will be in WDW in August with my wife and two kids, 8 and 11. We have a $500 gift card that we had planned on using for food. I am wondering if I should purchase a QS plan and use the gift card for table service or just buy everything on the card and pay the difference afterword. Or should just stop thinking about this so much and have a beer.:beer:

DizneyRox
05-02-2010, 11:01 AM
If you're like me, the dining plans don't provide much value. Depending on the length of the trip, $500 should go a long towards purchase of food. If you're looking at CS mostly (by getting the QS dining plan) you might be good with the $500. If you eat a TS per day, you'll eat through that gift card in no time. One TS AND the QS plan is a ton of food.

I would be hard pressed to find $500 worth of souvies on a trip though. I used to blow a ton on the shops around WDW. Last trips I had a hard time breaking $100.

I've got to suggest you use the gift card for dining. Getting a dining plan will require that you pay in advance for it, so you may not be able to use all the funds on the card.

aurora, ariel, and bell
05-02-2010, 11:55 AM
Are you staying at a resort on site? I think that there is a discussion about free dining being offered, so you would not need to use the gift card for dining. i'm not sure but could you put it on the room to pay a portion of that?

crltkcagle
05-02-2010, 12:04 PM
They are offering free dining in August if you stay on property. Definetly worth it!

sbcummings
05-02-2010, 12:35 PM
we are staying on site, but we will not be able to get free dining because we arrive on the
12th of August. I thought about changing my flight reservations, but my flight is $69 each way.

MizMissy
05-02-2010, 03:26 PM
I assume you already purchased your MYW package, but when I was looking at the gift card deal (I ended up receiving a 40% pin code that worked out to be a better deal), my plan was to purchase DDP and the base tickets required and use the gift card to upgrade my tickets (add hoppers and water parks) after we had arrived. Any balance remaining on the gift card could have been used towards tax, tips, and extras.