Disneypixie513
05-01-2010, 07:59 PM
Cast:
Me, Sarah, 17
DS, Rebekah, 13
DM, Barbara
DF, Keith
Part one-
Well, mom did it again... She is the master of Disney surprises. Instead of staying at Pop, we're staying at pofq! It's the first time staying here,and after seeing "The Princess and the Frog" and loving it, I'm even more excited about staying at the fq. We started at Dtd and got our annuel Christmas ornament. After that we went to WoD. We got into our room about 12 or so. After much debate, we decided to go to MK. First stop was Pecos Bills for lunch. Boy was it a mad house in there. After we ate, we got fp's for splash. While we waited, we did HM, Phillar magic, and Winnie the Pooh. With our fp's good to use by then, we basically walked onto splash. We did a quick ride by some pirates, Mom and Dad got some dolewhips, and Mom and I headed back to our room to sleep before Grad night at 10. Dad and Rebekah at MK till closing. It's about 8 now, and they just walked in the door. I'll post part two of day one tomorrow with our adventure with Grad night.
Thanks for reading this longer-then-I-thought-it-would-be trip report! :mickey: :D

#1disneyfan
05-01-2010, 10:16 PM
Great report!

Disneypixie513
05-02-2010, 12:56 PM
Part two-Grad night:
Mom and I were bussed in to behind main street ,and got into the park through Tomorrowland. The first thing we did was check in and shop for grad night stuff. I got a shirt. We made our way over to Frontierland to ride Big Thunder. We had never ridden it at night,and the line was short so we rode twice. We decided to ride HM, but got caught up on the way because of a dance party. Mickey was there in his cap and gown, so I got a picture with him. Goofy was there too, but he was too interested in dancing for pictures. We rode on HM. Little rant coming now. The ride was kinda ruined for me because of obnoxious teens yelling and screaming all through the ride. The ride had stopped at one point and there was lots of flash pics going on. Okay, on to Fantasy land. We walked on Peter Pan. I pinched myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. I have never seen that ride walk on. We did the carosel, then made our way to the front of the castle for the fireworks. They were set to some popular songs,and it was weird watching fireworks in Disney without Disney music. We headed to Tomorrowland to do Space. The line was short. I really liked that it was darker and smoother. I have a good thing to say about the Cm's working. Walking through the line, 2 boys were running through the fp lane and jumped over the the regular line in front of mom and me. Two cm's were walking by and saw this happen. They told the boys that was unacceptable and to come with them. They came back with that their friends were up the line waiting for them. The cm's insisted that it doesn't matter and they needed to come with them. Mom and I were glad to see there was no tolerence for that. We did the rest of tomorrowland, did everything in fantasyland (we walked on Dumbo!), did potc. By then it was 3:30, and we had done everything, so we headed out. We got back to the room around 4:15.
Day two will be posted tonight. Epcot and Garden Grill today!

faline
05-02-2010, 05:52 PM
Hope you're enjoying your stay at the French Quarter! It really is a charming resort!

Your grad night sounded like lots of fun! I've never been in the park until the wee hours of the morning - what a unique experience!

KylesMom
05-02-2010, 09:19 PM
What a wonderful surprise for your Mom to bump you up a notch to POFQ. Great Grad Night experience, too - it sounds like you were able to see & do everything you wanted. I agree - Peter Pan was a walk-on? WOW! :mickey:

Thanks for sharing with us!

vizsla
05-03-2010, 05:10 AM
Thanks for the report.

yjgirl32
05-03-2010, 08:41 AM
Great report. Can't wait to read more.

pdrlkr
05-04-2010, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

artyboy
05-05-2010, 10:59 AM
I love being at MK when they keep it open late! Glad you're having fun!

ozmom
05-06-2010, 03:59 PM
Sounds like Grad Nite is different at WDW than Disneyland. Sounds like you had a great time. :thumbsup: