PDA

View Full Version : Disney's Pirate Adventure for kids

fernsmommy
05-01-2010, 07:40 PM
I didn't know where to post this so I'm sorry if its in the wrong place. I just got an email about this for our upcoming trip and was wondering if anyone else has had their children do this? I know they have to be between the ages of 4-12 but do the parents go along and how much does it cost?:confused:

faline
05-01-2010, 07:48 PM
Is this what you're talking about? If so, parents do not go along. Most folks have said their kids greatly enjoyed it!

Pirate Adventure:
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Children wear pirate bandanas and follow clues to search Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon for buried treasure. Two cast members, including a lifeguard, accompany the group. They will sail along the Resort Marinas to collect treasure. At the final port, children will have a light meal and split up the treasure.

Meal includes peanut butter and jelly sandwich, gummy bears, rice krispy treat & fruit punch drink box.

Children must be potty trained and ages 4-10.
Must cancel 24 hours in advance or pay full price.

Schedule: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Saturday at 9:30.
This is a 2 hour adventure.
Reservations 180 days out.
Available to all guests. Space is limited.
Price: $28.17 per child
Reservations: Call 407-WDW-DINE

VAdizneefan
05-01-2010, 08:19 PM
My DD 5 just did this on 4/26/10 at the Yacht Club Marina -- the Albatross Treasure Cruise. Parents do not go, life vests are provided and required. She had a wonderful time and can't stop talking about it!! The cruise started at 9:30 and we had to be back at 11:30am to pick her up. You needed to arrive at 9:15 to pay, sign a waiver, get a pager (if they needed you back in a hurry) and drop the child off. Very easy and well worth it!

:mickey:

fernsmommy
05-01-2010, 08:31 PM
Yep, that's it! Thanks for the info! I just booked an adventure for her for May 11! She's gonna have so much fun!

KylesMom
05-03-2010, 09:44 AM
DS participated in the Pirate Adventure from GF twice (ages 6 & 7) and the Albatross Treasure Cruise from the YC/BC marina once (age 8). Each time he enjoyed himself immensely, made new friends & came home with some fun "pirate booty". Each of the CMs are very capable & we always felt safe leaving DS in their hands for a few hours. :mickey: