PDA

View Full Version : Live from the Boardwalk Inn Day 1

Tinkerfreak
05-01-2010, 04:36 PM
DH 42
Me 41
Staying at BWI
21st Anniversary Trip

We left Portland, ME on time but when we got to Laguadia the flight we were taking to Orlando was delayed. No worries though the pilot kicked it up a notch and actually got us there a few minutes ahead of schedule.
Checked in at ME desk and waited in line to board a bus for 20 minutes. Then had to wait on the bus for at least 30 minutes before starting off for the resort.
Check in was the fastest we have ever had, literally minutes from check in until we were in our room. The rooms is nice we got the king room we requested.
We dropped our stuff in the room and went back out to grab a cab for AKL and our dinner at Boma.
This is our absolute favorite place to eat on Disney property but on our last trip I was starting to get sick of it. I think it was because we eat there a few times every trip so it seemed like they were serving the same things all the time.
Well I am happy to report that I found alot of new things this time and it was one of the best meals we have ever had here. Our waiter was great and so was the food.
One thing I didn't like though is that they changed the zebra domes (I know how dare they!). They were like a butterscotch inside and it was good but I like the old version better. The pork tenderloin was fork tender and there were some new soups to choose from also.
After our wonderful dinner we jumped on a bus to Epcot to catch Illuminations. Well we got a bus in plenty of time but once we got there we got sidetracked by SE (it's like a tradition that we ride that first on every trip) and ended up missing some of the beginning of Illuminations.
No worries though we will see it tomorrow evening. We walked around the ws for a while because it was EMH and I enjoyed a frozen margarhita. It was good but I didn't like it frozen because I kept getting a brain freeze.
We stayed until about 11:30 and then headed back to the BWI.

faline
05-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Long day but you certainly kicked your trip off with wonderful food and topped it off with some relaxed Epcot touring!

mouseketeer mom
05-01-2010, 05:12 PM
I love live reports!! Great start!

#1disneyfan
05-01-2010, 10:11 PM
We walked around the ws for a while because it was EMH and I enjoyed a frozen margarhita. It was good but I didn't like it frozen because I kept getting a brain freeze.

Me too!! But I still love them!

Thanks for the live reports!

Genie1953
05-02-2010, 02:01 AM
Great first day!

KylesMom
05-03-2010, 09:25 AM
Great busy first day. I'm glad your dining trip to Boma was a good one & that you actually were able to enjoy a bit of Epcot, too. Looking forward to your next post! :mickey:

Pocahontas
05-03-2010, 10:06 AM
You make me really want to try Bomas. My husband and I wanted to get ADR's there for our next trip, but we're taking our niece and nephew and we were afraid little kids wouldn't like this meal. Oh well, maybe next time.

Thanks for your live report. Sounds like fun!:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
05-04-2010, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

yjgirl32
05-05-2010, 08:54 AM
Great report- thanks for sharing.

artyboy
05-05-2010, 10:33 AM
thanks for posting!