PDA

View Full Version : Child's ticket from 1988

Figment52
05-01-2010, 09:31 AM
I've got an old 4 day child's ticket from 1988 with one day left on it. Obviously, my child is all grown up at this point, so what - if anything - can be done with it? Can it be used towards a multi-day pass now?

DizneyRox
05-01-2010, 10:11 AM
Unused days are still good. I think your best benefit would be to just have it upgraded to a adult ticket for your son/daughter and they can use it that way. Tickets are non-transferrable, so it's only good for them.

I think if you apply the value towards another ticket, the value is based on purchase price which in 1988 was significantly less than todays prices.

I'm not sure though how they calculate value on tickets that old. New tickets, once it's used is just the difference in cost of a new x day ticket and one with the days you ultimately want.

Figment52
05-01-2010, 10:24 AM
So basically, since 3 of the 4 days were used, she'd probably be given a one day hopper if she upgraded it for an adult ticket?

I think if you apply the value towards another ticket, the value is based on purchase price which in 1988 was significantly less than todays prices.

Much. I just looked on the back and it was $77. Divide by 4 being $19.25 a day.

1EeyoreFan
05-01-2010, 10:47 AM
I had a similar question. (We are leaving next Saturday!!) I have 2 one day adult tickets and I was wondering if I would be able to trade those in to upgrade to a FL Resident Seasonal Pass.

Any help would be appreciated since we are leaving soon. Thanks!

tazlikesrobots
05-01-2010, 11:00 AM
I'd keep them! Those are collectors items now. :mickey:

DizneyRox
05-01-2010, 12:26 PM
I had a similar question. ... I have 2 one day adult tickets and I was wondering if I would be able to trade those in to upgrade to a FL Resident Seasonal Pass.

It's a one for one upgrade, you can use ONE of the tickets to upgrade to A Florida Seasonal Pass. Save the other one for next year, orget two Fl Seasonal Passes.

Can't combine two tickets into one...

I'd keep them! Those are collectors items
now. :mickey:
Probably worth more as tickets quite honestly... Circa 1988 != Circa 1971, even 1971 tickets aren't that valuable...

1EeyoreFan
05-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the info! I really appreciate the fast response!

TheRustyScupper
05-01-2010, 11:05 PM
Just have him/her walk on their knees when entering the turnstiles.