PDA

View Full Version : OKW: Grand Villa/General Questions

Mammabruski
04-30-2010, 07:46 PM
Hi all,

How many Grand Villa's does OKW have? How easy is it to book one (assuming we book 11 months out)? What buildings have Grand Villas? Any recommendations about Grand Villas close to the Hospitality House?

Also, is there an internal bus system at OKW? Like at Fort Wilderness? Or just the 5 bus stops that pick up for Parks? How hard is it to get around OKW if you don't have a car? Long, long walks?

Thanks for any input! :mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
05-01-2010, 06:24 PM
I believe there are 27 Grand Villas at OKW.

They are scattered throughout the resort, and I'm not sure what buildings they'd be located in... Several, obviously!

There is an internal bus for OKW. Note: Any bus you hop on will stop at the HH before leaving the resort (just confirm with the driver).

I don't find any of Disney's resorts to be too spread out to walk around. OKW is large, and it is spread out; but it's still only a 10 minute walk from the furthest point to the HH. I guess many feel that that is too far.

Mammabruski
05-08-2010, 11:54 AM
So it looks like we'll be staying at OKW in a Grand Villa, for our big Grand Gathering in March of 2011!

We're trying to nail down which buildings have Grand Villas.... if you've stayed at one, could you tell me what building it was in? If you know of a specific building with a Grand Villa could you let us know?

Thanks!

TheRustyScupper
05-08-2010, 11:04 PM
How many Grand Villa's does OKW have?
. . . 27

How easy is it to book one
. . . hard
. . . very hard
. . . be on the phone at 7:00am at 11-months
. . . you may have to book day-by-day

What buildings have Grand Villas?
. . . from what this feeble mind remembers
. . . 15, 16, 63
. . . 19, 22, 25, 29
. . . 43, 48, 49, 51, 53

Also, is there an internal bus system at OKW? Like at Fort Wilderness? Or just the 5 bus stops that pick up for Parks?
. . . no internal bus
. . . they are park buses

How hard is it to get around OKW if you don't have a car? Long, long walks?
. . . long, long walks

Mammabruski
05-08-2010, 11:13 PM
Thanks TheRustyScrupper- Believe it or not, we were able to get a Grand Villa for the last week in March next year!

I found an old map with the buildings with Grand Villas listed, if anyone else has my question about their location this should help:

Map with Grand Villa Locations (http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af142/mbruski/Disney/9488okwmap_-_newest_coded_map.jpg)