PDA

View Full Version : 30th Anniversary - restaurant not in a park?

magicalmom
04-30-2010, 05:43 PM
DH and I celebrate our 30th :heart: this summer, and I'm seeking recommendations for a nice place to go at WDW for The Dinner that isn't in a park. Being able to see fireworks would be a plus, but not a necessity. I don't want to pop for V&A, but otherwise anything's possible -

It's been a while since we visited WDW, so I'm not sure what's new -

Thanks in advance for any and all ideas!

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-30-2010, 06:04 PM
I've heard you can get a view of the fireworks at both Narccossees-Grand Floridian and California Grill-Contemporary. I've never been to either but hear great things about both.:mickey:

Pirate Granny
04-30-2010, 07:41 PM
I've been to both and they would both be good choices...another choice is the Steakhouse at the YC...and a romantic stroll afterwards around the Boardwalk...and it you can time it right you can stand on the bridge and see the fireworks, Illuminations...
:pirate:

svarhall07
04-30-2010, 08:08 PM
California Grill!!!!!

sleepydog5
05-01-2010, 12:29 PM
I suggest Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge. It has great ambience, superb food, and excellent service. After the meal (and before for that matter), you can stroll around the grounds which are quite lovely and peaceful, go down to the beach to take in the Electric Water Parade and even catch the fireworks at a distance, and walk down the trail that follows along the lake past the bike shop. It's a must eat place for me every trip. It's a signature restaurant but a well-kept secret. . .somehow. :mickey:

magicalmom
05-01-2010, 09:40 PM
Many thanks!

kemps@wdw
05-02-2010, 07:49 PM
Artist Pointe @ the Wilderness Lodge is a wonderful place for an intimate dinner. And you can walk down to the dock and watch Wishes and the water pageant.:thumbsup:

Pally
05-03-2010, 01:00 PM
My husband and I celebrated our 18th wedding anniversay last September at the Grand Floridian Cafe. It was very nice. The meal was lovely. We also had a custom cake made from the bakery. They did a fantastic job, delicious. They also did a white chocolate Mickey with tuxedo strawberries for our sons.

They also took a picture of our family that they gave to us for memories.

This place would be nice. It is on the dining plan if you are using one. You can also see fireworks from here.:mickey:

goofball
05-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Narcoose's by far is my pick for most romantic. Schedule the dinner for around the time of the Wishes fireworks. They turn the lights down and pipe in the music that goes with the display and it's excellent. The food there is also very good. If you let them know in advance about your special event you will get a personalized menu as a keepsake from teh evening. You can even arrange for a special dessert of some kind.:thumbsup:

DVC2004
05-05-2010, 09:28 PM
We love Jiko and Artist Point. Jiko is our fav though at AKV. I also agree Narcoossee's at GF is up there, too. What about Victoria and Alberts? We have not done all I have heard and read is great...

Davy Crockett
05-06-2010, 02:11 PM
My wife and I checked our child into the Cub's Den at the Wilderness Lodge last year and had a Parent's night out with dinner at Narcoose and the atmosphere as well as the food was very nice. Attentive service and quite surroundings (which is a God send after a day at the Kingdom) and if you let the staff know it's your anniversary I'm sure they will seat you at a window seat overlooking the water and MK. They pipe in the narative and music for the fireworks.
The California Grill is also one of our favorites, but a larger setting so not as romantic (in my view).

Happy Upcoming Anniversary!!!
:wishes:

Tygger7
05-06-2010, 03:28 PM
Artist Pointe @ the Wilderness Lodge is a wonderful place for an intimate dinner. And you can walk down to the dock and watch Wishes and the water pageant.:thumbsup:

Another vote for Artist Point...we did California Grill for our 20th anniversary and while it was very nice, I couldn't help but be a little disappointed. It was very crowded & noisy, and I much prefer watching Wishes from the hub.

CuteAsMinnie
05-12-2010, 09:53 PM
Congrats and I recommend celebrating at...

California Grill. Ask for a table in the wine room -- it is nice and quiet. Then you can go out on the balcony and watch the fireworks!!!!!

It used to be that if your dinner was completed before it was time for Wishes, you would get a pass to be able to return. Do they still do this?

:mickey:

diz_girl
05-13-2010, 02:51 PM
Another vote for Narcoossee's. We've always enjoyed our meals there and have enjoyed the fireworks from our table. Try the key lime creme brulee.

eam
05-14-2010, 08:10 PM
Relaxed, yet elegant setting, wonderful food, excellent service, and if you ask they will try to seat you with a fireworks view.

kemps@wdw
05-14-2010, 11:17 PM
This may sound a little weird, but DH and I will be celebrating our 31st @ the Hoop-Dee-Doo. Just like we have done on all our previous anniversaries @ the World!

VWL Mom
05-15-2010, 07:57 AM
This may sound a little weird, but DH and I will be celebrating our 31st @ the Hoop-Dee-Doo. Just like we have done on all our previous anniversaries @ the World!

We too were 31 years last week, congrats to you & DH! I love traditions and also thinking "outside the box" so Hoop-Dee-Doo sounds great. Enjoy!

Kairi_7378
05-15-2010, 11:17 AM
Congratulations!

I can second (third? tenth?) the recommendation for the Wine Room at the CA Grill. We ate there for our 5th Anniversary.

If you want to go a little off the beaten path, I'd recommend Jiko. Artist's Point at the WL also has good food but we had poor service the one time we were there. Maybe we hit them on an off night, because there are many here on the boards who love it there.

Kairi_7378
05-15-2010, 11:18 AM

I think this is a really cute idea! Not weird, but fun. Congratulations to you, too!