PDA

View Full Version : Olivia's

Mickey's 4Walls
04-30-2010, 11:40 AM
Can anyone tell me about this place ? It was recommended to me for the SEAFOOD... also does anyone know of any new places to eat? We have Ohana's / Chef Mickey's/ boma's/ Whispering Cayn/Olivia's/Planet hollywood/ Planning TREX too ...going with 5 BOYS!! not sure if i want to keep- Chef Mickey's only the 4 yr old would still love it! any thoughts...thanks so much...:mickey: I can't get in LeCellier!!:spoiler:

Julie_Mouse
04-30-2010, 01:17 PM
Can't tell you about Olivia's as we've never eaten there, but just wanted to say that your ADR's look good!

In 9 days, we will also be eating at O'Hana's and WCC :mickey: Chef Mickey's is fun for all ages (we went with 2 adults, and 3 'kids' between the ages of 20-23 years), so hopefully your boys will still enjoy it :eat: I recently read a thorough review of OKW with a very detailed account of eating at Olivia's (on another message board), so you can PM me for the link if you're interested :mickey:

Iluvpooh
04-30-2010, 06:54 PM
We stayed at OKW last year and we ate at Olivia's. I do not rememmber there being seafood on the menu except for Crabcakes. We had steaks. I would check info central for a menu.
Are you staying at OKW? If not, I wouldn't make a special trip to eat there.

ElenitaB
04-30-2010, 08:10 PM
We've eaten at Olivia's and really love it. On their current dinner menu you can find things like crab cakes, shrimp and grits, and conch chowder among the appetizers. The entrees include a daily fish selection, shrimp, salmon and grouper. I'm pretty sure I had the grouper last time we were there and all I remembering is enjoying the meal (and the company). Here's a link (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/old-key-west-resort/dining/olivias-cafe/) to the page about Olivia's on the Disney site (you'll find their menus on this page too).

Also, if you're iffy about Chef Mickey's, may I suggest seeing Mickey and pals at the Garden Grill instead. It's located in Epcot's The Land pavillion. Dinner is served family style (including produce grown right downstairs in the hydroponic gardens). Your older boys may enjoy the fact that it's a rotating restaurant.

#1donaldfan
05-02-2010, 09:20 AM
...Olivia's was a good place to eat, not overly great but a good memory.....I like your list of ressies with the exception of planet H, I didn't think it was good enough for a return eat, so I can't say it's a good choice !! T Rex, very worth it for a bunch of boys, CM is a fun buffet, even older boys will like it....have fun !!:thumbsup:

dmallan
05-02-2010, 02:00 PM
If you look at WDW website in the "where to eat" section, you can search for any restaurant on site. Many of them include a link to their menus. Olivia's menu includes Mahi mahi, pasta with shrimp, and key west salmon salad.

We've eaten at Olivia's once before and have made ADRs for our visit this fall. We took the boat from POFQ to DTD, then got on the "shuttle" boat over to Pleasure Island and finally the boat from Pleasure Island to OKW. They don't make it easy! Took us an hour, but it was definitely worth the trek to get there!

LAURA.WDWLOVER
05-02-2010, 02:26 PM
Unless they've recently changed the boats, you can go from POFQ to DTD and just get on the next boat to Saratoga Springs/OKW. OKW is one of our home resorts so we've eaten at Olivia's many times. Though the menu changes seasonally, we've never been dissatified. It has a very friendly, laid-back atmosphere with great waitstaff. Enjoy your trip. We're counting down to November--I'm jealous want to go sooner.

dmallan
05-02-2010, 02:44 PM
Unless they've recently changed the boats, you can go from POFQ to DTD and just get on the next boat to Saratoga Springs/OKW.

When we were there the captain of our boat told us the SSR/OKW boats ran from the Pleasure Island dock.

luvdiznee
05-04-2010, 07:16 AM
We've been there many times, and have never been disappointed. Though I was disappointed that they did take the Caribbean Barbecue Grouper off the menu. As well as their Buffalo Chicken soup. :( So yes they do change the menu a bit. But their Shrimp and Grits were delicious. And even something about their potatoes. And their jerk chicken wings are also good. :cloud9: