PDA

View Full Version : Bug report

Humphrey
04-29-2010, 09:46 PM
Has anyone just left FW? I'm looking for a report on the Love Bugs. Not Herbie, the annoying mating black bugs that attach to the front of your vehicle. I am coming there on Saturday and was wondering what cleaning stuff I might need to bring. I have been there at this time in previous years and the front end of my MH looked almost solid black (its mostly white).

Thanks

DiannaJ
04-29-2010, 10:59 PM
The only thing I have found that gets them of is rubbing alcohol on the windshield only or windex but you have to use alot of it. Sticky little things...if you don't know they are acid based so don't let them stay on the car or they will ruin the paint...

Humphrey
04-30-2010, 10:04 AM
Thanks for your reply. I am going to try applying paste wax on the front. An RV forum also suggested Meguiar's (sp?) 84 to remove bugs. I am going to add Magic Eraser to the process if I need it.

WDWdriver
04-30-2010, 12:01 PM
I haven't seen any lovebugs yet this year. But they are usually here by mid-May.

DizneyRox
04-30-2010, 01:48 PM
Check out a product by Turtle Wax called ICE. They have something for everything (finish, tires, interior), you're looking for ICE Liquid Polish. It's silicone based and I have had a hard time finding anything that will stick to it.

Get a couple coats on the car and then bring the spray detailer and a terry cloth towel and enjoy a clean car!

Once your car is done, you can clean it in about 5 minutes with the detailer. It's fantastic stuff really!

Humphrey
05-07-2010, 04:00 PM
I just got back from Fort Wilderness and to answer my own question: I had a total of 3 Love Bug smash on my MH. But they did have these little satisfied smiles on their faces.

faline
05-07-2010, 06:42 PM
I just got back from Fort Wilderness and to answer my own question: I had a total of 3 Love Bug smash on my MH. But they did have these little satisfied smiles on their faces.

Sounds good! It might be a little too early in the season. Hopefully, there won't be a really heavy infestation this year!