PDA

View Full Version : Mickey Ear shapped balloons

mjm12000
04-29-2010, 05:08 PM
Ok I have strange question I am hoping someone can help me with. I am proposing to my partner at WDW in 2 weeks. My Partner loves the Mickey Ear shapped balloons and never buys them when we are there but everytime says "one day I am getting me one of those". ANyhow so the plan is I am hopefully going to sneak away and get some of the balloons so that I can propose with them. My question is I have only ever seen them when the balloon people are walking about the park, but I do not always see the balloon person... so is there somewhere in the MK or Epcot that I can go to at any time and get a couple of the Mickey ear balloons that are inflated so I don't have to rush around looking for a Balloon Cast member...?

svarhall07
04-29-2010, 10:45 PM
I have seen them for sale in front of the castle on Main Street - I'm not sure if it was on cart or just a salesperson carrying them - but I know I've seen them there. You could ask information just to make sure!

Congrats on the future engagement - good luck!!!!!

tyandskyesmom
04-30-2010, 01:17 PM
We just got back and I love those balloons too and don't usually get them becasue I don't want to bring them on the plane...

But anyway, They had them up and down Main Street just about all day...and the coolest ones now are white and light up!!!! At night they looked so neat!!!

Disney4
04-30-2010, 01:23 PM
We just got back and I love those balloons too and don't usually get them becasue I don't want to bring them on the plane...

But anyway, They had them up and down Main Street just about all day...and the coolest ones now are white and light up!!!! At night they looked so neat!!!

Just a heads up for your next trip:

We usually stay at AKL and balloons are off-limits there. The last time we were at DHS, we were able to buy deflated balloons to bring back to the room. We stopped into our local Hallmark when we got home and had them filled there for a couple of dollars. It made transporting them much easier!

forever a child
04-30-2010, 02:51 PM

We usually stay at AKL and balloons are off-limits there. The last time we were at DHS, we were able to buy deflated balloons to bring back to the room. We stopped into our local Hallmark when we got home and had them filled there for a couple of dollars. It made transporting them much easier!

Where at in DHS? I want some for DD! We have the same issue...flying back and I am not even sure the airlines would let you or that they would survive the pressure change during flight! :D

tyandskyesmom
04-30-2010, 04:16 PM

Ooooohhhh....thanx! I have always wondered if they would do that but never got around to asking!

TheVBs
05-01-2010, 09:55 AM
In regards to the OP's question....

Is there a particular place you wanted to propose to her? If you wanted to do it in MK, I would suggest trying to sneak over to Guest Relations and ask if they can arrange something for you. If you wanted to do it at your resort, speak to a manager there. If you can get a few moments alone to talk to a CM about what you're planning, I have no doubt they'll help you arrange it so that you're not having to pick up the balloons yourself.

And, congratulations! :mickey: