PDA

View Full Version : POR room request.

ransam
04-29-2010, 02:18 PM
if we stay at the POR. how do we make sure we stay on the ground floor?
i know they don't have elevators, and well, i will be in a wheel chair....i k now you can request, but if i remember right, they can't guarntee anything.

renecat
04-29-2010, 02:50 PM
I do believe you can ask for a handicap room and they should give that to you.

Strmchsr
04-29-2010, 02:51 PM
For normal room requests, you're correct they don't guarantee anything. However, for medical and accessibility issues, like wheelchairs, they will make sure you have a ground floor room. Just make sure on your reservation that you need a handicapped accessible room and ground floor for medical reasons. They will make sure you're set up.

ransam
04-29-2010, 07:38 PM
this is the catch 22 though.
I have an evc.. but i have two other adults, and a child. therefore i can not have a handicapped accessible room becasue they only come w/ a king size bed.

mermaidmarian
04-30-2010, 08:08 AM
Your information is partially incorrect. The Alligator Bayou section of POR does not have elevators. The Mansion section does.

I have stayed at POR many times. I prefer the Mansion side and have never had a problem requesting to stay in that section of the resort. If you do the same, your issue regarding accessibility should be resolved. I think you should mention you have mobility issues in support of your request, but you don't need to ask for a first floor room.

Strmchsr
04-30-2010, 08:11 AM
this is the catch 22 though.
I have an evc.. but i have two other adults, and a child. therefore i can not have a handicapped accessible room becasue they only come w/ a king size bed.

Then don't request a handicapped room, but let them know you need a ground floor room for medical reasons. The other option is when you check in you can explain the situation to the CM at the front desk. If your current room assignment isn't satisfactory they'll help you find a room that is.

Mickey'sGirl
04-30-2010, 08:43 AM
I would not worry at all.

I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, and stairs about do me in. Even if we forget to metion it in the reservation, we will say something about my Medical need when we check in,. We have never had a problem getting a ground floor room at any resort we have ever stayed at....

ransam
04-30-2010, 08:48 AM
Your information is partially incorrect. The Alligator Bayou section of POR does not have elevators. The Mansion section does.

I have stayed at POR many times. I prefer the Mansion side and have never had a problem requesting to stay in that section of the resort. If you do the same, your issue regarding accessibility should be resolved. I think you should mention you have mobility issues in support of your request, but you don't need to ask for a first floor room.

but isn't alligator bayou the only section w/ a trundle bed?

mermaidmarian
04-30-2010, 09:57 AM
but isn't alligator bayou the only section w/ a trundle bed?

Yes it is. If you need a trundle bed, you would need to stay in AB.

prttynpnk
04-30-2010, 11:15 AM
We always ask for a 1st floor room ain the Bayou and they have always honored it- so far so good!