PDA

View Full Version : Abbreviations/Lore

angie12210
04-29-2010, 12:48 PM
Is there any listing for some of the abbreviations or lore that some of the people use ie. DD, DS, DH etc.???

faline
04-29-2010, 01:02 PM
There certainly is. Check here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/abbreviations/default.asp).

Goofy4TheWorld
04-29-2010, 10:02 PM
While the above link goes a long way toward translating the lingo, plenty of regularly used abbreviations are not listed, so if you are ever stuck, don't be afraid to post a "hey what's that mean" question, because I have had to do it a few times myself.

For example, DD, DH, DS are not listed on the above link, but are used constantly on here.

The D if for Dear (or Disney:mickey:), and the next letter is for a family member.
DH - dear husband
DW - dear wife
DD - dear daughter
etc...

PopPhan
04-29-2010, 10:12 PM
While the above link goes a long way toward translating the lingo, plenty of regularly used abbreviations are not listed, so if you are ever stuck, don't be afraid to post a "hey what's that mean" question, because I have had to do it a few times myself.

For example, DD, DH, DS are not listed on the above link, but are used constantly on here.

The D if for Dear (or Disney:mickey:), and the next letter is for a family member.
DH - dear husband
DW - dear wife
DD - dear daughter
etc...

Actually, those abbreviations ARE listed in the above link - at the bottom of the page, not with the alphabetized listing.