PDA

View Full Version : Question about O'hana late reservation

MizMissy
04-29-2010, 12:11 PM
The only other time we ate at O'hana was an early reservation - like 5:00 when it opened. For this trip, the only available reservation for O'hana is at 8:55 p.m. (I keep checking, but no other availability so far on any day of our trip). I'm concerned because I think that is too late to eat anyway, but my DH and DD have not been to O'hanas and I really wanted them to try it.
Wishes starts at 9:00. What time do you realistically think they will seat us? I'm concerned that lots of tables will want to stay to catch wishes, so we will be much, much later than our reservation before being seated.
Do you think I would have any luck trying to check in earlier for our reservation or even as a walk up?
I really hate to to miss O'hana, but the more I think about it, the late reservation gives me great pause.

KylesMom
04-29-2010, 12:43 PM
I think you can realistically bet that the seating time will be somewhere around 9:30 for an 8:55 ADR at Ohana on a night when Wishes is at 9.

We've never been seated exactly on time (even when Ohana just opens at 5), but the later in the evening our reservation has been, the further behind they were on the ADRs. We've waited for approximately 65 minutes past our ADR time for Ohana before. I don't think that's the norm, but it happened to us . . .

DadTriton
04-29-2010, 12:53 PM
Ohana always seems to seat 1/2 hour late or more.
It's a dining experience and very laid back. People tend to sit longer and the tables don't rollover quickly.

Zippy 1
04-29-2010, 01:02 PM
I would keep checking back to see if anything earlier opens up. Scheck several times a day - you never know when someone will cancel. When we have been to O'hanas we have always been seated early.

Pirate Granny
04-29-2010, 01:26 PM
At the California Grill, we were seated 75 minutes after our reservation (which was 8:45pm to begin with)...it was a very late night and I wasn't very hungry (but mad) once we finally got seated...and the service was terrible...and we both got sick the next day :ack:
:pirate:

Julie_Mouse
04-29-2010, 01:57 PM
Ohana always seems to seat 1/2 hour late or more.
It's a dining experience and very laid back. People tend to sit longer and the tables don't rollover quickly.

I've seen many people on these boards say that dining at O'Hana often involves a wait to be seated of at least 20 minutes. This may not be a viable solution, but I wish they would change the dining reservation system so that they don't get such a backup! Like perhaps they could spread out the available ressies more (this is just an example, I have NO idea how the reservation system works! :secret:)

10 more days until we leave, and 16 more days until we dine at O'Hana! :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
04-29-2010, 01:57 PM
Its always been our experience at Ohana's to get seated at least 30 minutes past our ADR time. We've also waited over an hour once or twice. Both of those cases were when we were a large party (15 and 21). That said I've eaten at Ohana's plenty of times around the time of Wishes, and tables tend to not move at all around that time. I think most people with a ressie around that time are trying to time their meal with Wishes and many will linger to make sure they can watch from their table. I think you'll probably be seated close to 9:30, that's what I'd expect if it were my ADR.

DadTriton
04-29-2010, 02:23 PM
At the California Grill, we were seated 75 minutes after our reservation (which was 8:45pm to begin with)...it was a very late night and I wasn't very hungry (but mad) once we finally got seated...and the service was terrible...and we both got sick the next day :ack:
:pirate:

wow - no way I would have waited that long. I would have to the maitre d to forget the reservation and gotten a snack and a nightcap somewhere else. You took one for the team!

IloveDisney71
04-29-2010, 05:48 PM
We had reservations for 8:40 in Feb and Wishes was at 9:00. We arrived at 8:30 and were seated around 8:45. We had 6 in our party. It was the week-end of Valentine's Day.