PDA

View Full Version : Do you order the same thing each time?

Pocahontas
04-29-2010, 10:44 AM
My family and I go to WDW every year or two and tend to go to mostly the same resturants (with 1 or 2 exceptions each time). When I go to the same resturant over and over again, I always order the same thing from entree to desert and do the same thing even at counter services and snack counters. Always the same thing! Since I go so infrequently, I'm afraid to try something else that I may not like as much.

My question is, do you order the same thing at the places you mostly frequent or do you try something different each time?

Am I the only boring one afraid of change?

faline
04-29-2010, 10:46 AM
While I will often order the same thing as I'd had before, and liked, I'm also just as likely to order something new or different than what I'd had before.

diz_girl
04-29-2010, 11:27 AM
I'm also a predictable eater, especially since I don't eat beef or pork or some seafood, so that limits my choices when ordering in restaurants. I'm trying to order different things, which sometimes works out and sometimes doesn't. During my last trip to WDW I tried the vegetarian chili at Columbia Harbor House instead of the salad. I think that I'm going to get the salad next time.

But maybe I'll try Cosmic Ray's instead. I'm also going to try different TS restaurants, so I can't order the same thing.

DadTriton
04-29-2010, 11:40 AM
I try to book different restaurant ADRs as much as possible to get more variety. However there are certain "Magical" restaurants to me that the first experience was so good I try to recreate it exactly.
My example:
The Brown Derby
A martini with the best crab cake at WDW (IMO), the New York Strip with the Cremini Mushrooms (w/ red wine) and then a flourless chocolate cake followed by a brandy.
My wife always gets the Cremini Mushroom Chevere Raviolo, then the best Cobb Salad at WDW (IHO) and the grapefruit cake.

Then off to Fantasmic! (burp)

luvdiznee
04-29-2010, 11:44 AM
At Cali Grill, I must have the pork tenderloin with the polenta. :thedolls:So yes for that.

But I will add the short ribs at Jiko as a must have. Though I will get their mac and cheese rather than the potatoes. Even if I have to pay extra. :thedolls:

Wow, now I have to go recipe hunting.

SBETigg
04-29-2010, 11:58 AM
We do repeat our favorite restaurants, and add in some new ones, but I like to try different dishes when I get there. It's rare that I order the same thing each visit- but it happens occasionally.

LandFan
04-29-2010, 12:01 PM
At certain places I do get the same thing (the mushroom filet at Le Cellier, the ribs at FlameTree) because I have been thinking about them all year :D But other places I am more than willing to try new stuff (like Kona, Coral Reef, etc).

I think it just depends upon how memorable those certain things were for me and whether or not I can get the same things or tastes elsewhere during the year...

MMFreak
04-29-2010, 12:48 PM
For the most part we always re order the same entree. It isn't that we are afraid to try new things it is just that they are so good and in most cases has been a year since we ate it so we get the same :mickey: We switch up apps and desserts sometimes.

wilcat
04-29-2010, 02:12 PM
Two things I always get everytime at WDW is of course a Dole Whip Float. I know that is not really a meal but it is great none the less. The second thing is a quiche at the bakery in France. Once I had one of them I have to go back everytime and get one. Also last trip I got the best cinnamon roll at the bakery on the boardwalk and will have to do that from now on.

jlmct52
04-29-2010, 03:00 PM
During our trips to WDW, we always try to experience different places.....except in one major case. We always dine at Les Chefs de France. And, I am proud to say on our last 5 trips I have ordered a different menu item at Les Chefs de France each time.

01/2010 = Plat de cote de boeuf au cabernet et polenta de Savoie - Beef short ribs braised in Cabernet wine on a bed of polenta

06/2009 = Gratin de macaroni - Baked macaroni with cream and gruyere cheese

01/2009 = Filet de boeuf grille, sauce au poivre noir Gratin Dauphinois et haricots verts - Grilled tenderloin of beef with black pepper sauce, original potato gratin of Savoy and green beans

07/2008 = Lasagnes de legumes du soleil a l'huile d'olive au thym - Zucchini, eggplant, bell peppers, onions and tomato baked into thin layers of pasta

01/2008 = Demi poulet fermier a la broche pommes puree au basilic et tomate braisee - Half of an all natural rotisserie chicken, basil-flavored mashed potatoes and braised tomato

Sorry, it was easier to just copy descriptions from the menu than try to describe the dishes myself! :mickey:

I enjoyed all of these with the exception of the lasagne.....a little too different for me.

SingingLights
04-30-2010, 10:00 AM
At some of the coutner service and snack venues I order the same thing but at table serve I order different things. I always get a hot dog and fries at Casey's, battered cod and fries at Columbia House, and a pineapple Dole Whip float. But I always order something different at LeCellier, like pork loin on a bed of sweet potatoes, steak with roasted new potatoes, and bbq prime rib on homemade bread.:eat:

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-30-2010, 10:02 AM
At certain places I do get the same thing (the mushroom filet at Le Cellier, the ribs at FlameTree) because I have been thinking about them all year :D But other places I am more than willing to try new stuff (like Kona, Coral Reef, etc).

I think it just depends upon how memorable those certain things were for me and whether or not I can get the same things or tastes elsewhere during the year...

:ditto:

Seasonscraps
04-30-2010, 11:09 AM
I am such a creature of habit - I go to the same places and for the most part order the same foods at those places. Not just at Disney - I do the same thing at almost any place I return to.

eeyoregirl13
04-30-2010, 02:04 PM
I always go to the same restaurants at Disney and order the same thing too!! Glad I'm not the only one :mickey: Since I only make it there every few years, I always want to get all of my old favorites in and would be disappointed if I missed anything. (Ahem, Brown Derby Cobb Salad!!!) I usually have time for just one new place on each trip. If I was able to go more often, I would really look forward to trying new things though!

LudwigVonDrake
05-02-2010, 06:48 AM
At the 50's Prime Time, I ALWAYS get the Pot Roast :tasty: