PDA

View Full Version : WL-what to request

jonahbear2006
04-29-2010, 01:53 AM
We have a woods view. Should we request to stay on the main floor, do all rooms have balconies bc their site doesnt look like they are all balconies, and is there a better room or area to request that a veteran suggests?

vicster
04-29-2010, 08:44 AM
We're trying a woods view this year. We've always had a courtyard view, however, it can get quite noisy in the mornings. Hopefully, we'll like the woods view.

KylesMom
04-29-2010, 08:53 AM
do all rooms have balconies Yes, all rooms have balconies - however, some are smaller or more enclosed than others. Honestly, we've never requested an actual area, and with the exception of last year (standard room view, got put in corner above electrical equipment), we have been very pleased with all of the rooms we've stayed in.

DadTriton
04-29-2010, 09:06 AM
We have a bunkbed room reserved.
Does anyone know if these are courtyard or woods or both?

c&d
04-29-2010, 11:56 AM
We just got back and were in Room 6052. OK, when we looked straight out we could see Space Mtn and definitely saw the fireworks at night from our balcony. The drawback was we also overlooked the parking lot behind the restaurant, not a great view but being able to sit on our balcony and see the fireworks every night was worth the sometimes ugly view.

vicster
04-29-2010, 11:59 AM
We just got back and were in Room 6052. OK, when we looked straight out we could see Space Mtn and definitely saw the fireworks at night from our balcony. The drawback was we also overlooked the parking lot behind the restaurant, not a great view but being able to sit on our balcony and see the fireworks every night was worth the sometimes ugly view.

Was that a standard view?

Figment104
04-29-2010, 12:30 PM
We love the main courtyard view but I've heard the woods views are very nice as well. All the rooms have either a patio (first floor) or a balacony, however the room on the top floor (6 I believe) have enclosed balconies. Basically all that means is that instead of the metals bars that you can see through it's solid so you'll generally need to stand to see out. Still a great view though as we had one of these the first time we stayed there.

DadTriton We have a bunkbed room reserved.
Does anyone know if these are courtyard or woods or both?

The bunkbed rooms can be either woods view or courtyard, however I believe the courtyard view is more expensive. Room pricing is as follows if I'm not mistaken:

Standard View
Woods View
Courtyard View
Bunkbed Woods View
Bunkbe Courtyard View

Hope that helps some!

DadTriton
04-29-2010, 01:18 PM
The bunkbed rooms can be either woods view or courtyard, however I believe the courtyard view is more expensive. Room pricing is as follows if I'm not mistaken:

Standard View
Woods View
Courtyard View
Bunkbed Woods View
Bunkbed Courtyard View

Hope that helps some!
Well they booked the courtyard bunkbed according to my reservations. I assume this looks over the lake and the pool area?
From the layout, it looks like if you had woods view on the North side you might get a glimpse of the MK or the fireworks.

KylesMom
04-29-2010, 01:35 PM
Well they booked the courtyard bunkbed according to my reservations. I assume this looks over the lake and the pool area?
From the layout, it looks like if you had woods view on the North side you might get a glimpse of the MK or the fireworks.

When we've paid for a courtyard view - yes, we were overlooking the pool/Bay Lake area.

If you're on a higher floor, you may be able to see CR & some of MK fireworks with a woods view - but you do need to be on one of the higher floors to do this. The trees have gotten awfully tall over the past couple of years!

c&d
04-29-2010, 04:13 PM
Was that a standard view?

I just looked at our reservation and according to it was a standard view. I can tell you when we opened our window and saw the view we were really surprised.

badkitty
04-29-2010, 09:12 PM
I had purchased a Courtyard view once and it was a view of the walkway between WL and the Villas. That side of the lodge was considered Courtyard according to the front desk. At first I was disappointed not to have a view of the "center" courtyard overlooking the main pool but my view was very nice and very quiet. :secret:

KylesMom
04-30-2010, 10:01 AM
Downside to a standard view at WL? Your balcony may overlook Whispering Canyon's smoke house & the service parking lot.

Upside to a standard view at WL? You may be able to see Wishes from your balcony - sans music, but it's still a nice benefit. :mickey: