PDA

View Full Version : New hotel?

xo0ally
04-28-2010, 05:58 PM
I heard Disney just recently cleared a plot of land by the Contemporary (sp?) for a new hotel. It's suppose to be a new medditerrain theme hotel. Is this really going to be a new hotel or is it for something else. Also if it is a new hotel i feel the the past few hotels Disney has built has not been really Disney-ish? Thoughts or commnets or other information?

Mitzie
04-28-2010, 07:50 PM
I had also read awhile back about a new 'Flag Ship' hotel that Disney was building. I think they mentioned a tuscan look, maby to compete with something that Universal has...

Pirate Granny
04-28-2010, 09:00 PM
There is a new hotel going up over by the two golf courses between WL and DTD...they took one golf course and have been building. It will not be owned by Disney...It's suppose to be a 5 STAR hotel resort...and I think there will be condo's also. They been building for a year now.
:pirate:

Genie1953
04-28-2010, 10:23 PM
Yes...it is to be a Four Season's associated hotel complex. If you google Four Seasons and Disneyworld you can find articles about it including a Disney news release.

xo0ally
04-29-2010, 03:22 PM
oh hmm i heard they cleared a plot of land by the contemporary and the TTC ...maybe it was false info. As for a four season going in on disney property and not being a disney hotel, i'm not sure i like it?

DisneyHoneymooners
04-29-2010, 03:40 PM
The land between CR and TTC was cleared but it was done for monorail sight line purposes not for the once rumored Mediterranean resort. The cleared area provides the monorail pilots with a better view of one of the holding areas. Maybe this was done as a result of last years accident.

Julie_Mouse
04-29-2010, 03:45 PM
As for a four season going in on disney property and not being a disney hotel, i'm not sure i like it?

I imagine it will end up being something like the Swan/Dolphin resorts - not technically Disney-owned (you can't get the dining plan, you don't get a KTTW card, etc.) but still with Disney transportation (maybe?) and close enough to the magic that it feels like part of WDW. I found an artist's rendering of what it's supposed to look like somewhere (like a PP said, google "Four seasons" and "Walt Disney World") and I have to say, it looks pretty cool :mickey: