PDA

View Full Version : Need JetBlue advice

Ropachs
04-28-2010, 01:15 PM
We're looking to book our Dec. flights, I just checked the prices and they've already gone up since last week :(
All of you frequent flyers, do I book now before it goes up again, or is there a good chance fares will drop? (today is $149 BUF to MCO, and $124 back.) Multiplied by six passengers.
Does JetBlue credit you with anything if the fare drops after you book?
I heard a rumor that fares usually increase on Thursday morning, so as you can imagine, I'm having a Disney fit!
Thanks in advance!

Belle_0717
04-28-2010, 01:31 PM
Yes they do give credits. We book and watch the flight prices change and get all we can back.

Ropachs
04-28-2010, 01:55 PM
THANK YOU! I couldn't find that info. on their website and dread calling any airline!

princessgirls
04-29-2010, 09:17 AM
Also, it is rare if ever that the price drops. Jet Blue offers a good fare to begin with.

I check regularly.

Julie:mickey:

goofynmd
04-30-2010, 09:20 AM
We have an $89 flight on Jet Blue for our trip next week from BUF. Shortly after I booked, the price went up and I haven't seen it drop since then. I booked back in January. Good luck. Hope it comes down in price for you.

Seasonscraps
04-30-2010, 10:49 AM
I read that airfares drop Tues/Wed when less people are making reservations and it's true. Last weekend I was checking fares from NYC - Tampa and they were approx $300 on Jet Blue and other airlines. I checked it on Wednesday around 10pm and it dropped to $242 on Jet Blue and $253 on Delta.

If they let you get the credit without penalties, book and check back for fare drops. You just never know.

Ropachs
04-30-2010, 04:36 PM
I'm glad we booked when we did. The RT fare last week was $233pp, and I was shocked that in less than a week it went up to $273. We booked at the $273 based on most people saying it will only go up. The next day (Thursday) it was up to $338pp! I'm going to TRY not to keep checking after the 48 hour credit window is up. I'll be :ill: if it drops a lot!