PDA

View Full Version : what is the current condition of the Beach Club Villas?

Disney_Barbie
04-28-2010, 01:12 PM
I actually posed the same/similar question down in a thread entitled "Beach Club Villas - Any Renovations Scheduled In The Foreseeable Future? " But it's been a while now that no one has been able to shed light on the subject. So, I guess I have high hopes that a new thread will give me the answer I seek :

OK, so I guess my question is, what is the current condition of the Beach Club Villas? I feel like I've stumbled on a lot of people complaining that they're run down. Do those complains have much truth to them (or are those people just complainers, after all, you're bound to find a few negative reviews about EVERYTHING.

Ok, so I guess I have a 3 part questions...
1) When was the last time the BCV received any upgrade or renovations? (for some reason I was under the impression that when flat screen TVs & DVD players were installed in the rooms, that was part of a general re-sprucing of the villas… but now I can’t locate where I got that information from… perhaps I dreamed it. Also, if there is/was partial renovations, is there some preferable area that has already been spruced up (IE – a particular floor or something)

2) Can anyone show me pictures, or perhaps give a vivid description of the décor CURRENTLY in the rooms? When looking at other Disney-fan-website and looking at pictures of the BCV rooms I’ve noticed that they look QUITE different than the photos shown of the Beach Club RESORT rooms. It seems to me that the Villa pictures shown use a lot of light wood furnishings and a lot of plaid and brighter pink & blue. Where as the Beach Club Resort rooms, seem to have white bed spreads, darker wood, and the flat panel tvs right on the wall (vs. in a cabinet). I’m not sure if one of these sets of photos are just outdated… or if the BC resort rooms & the BCV rooms actually are that different?

3) And lastly, if your answers to the above are that there has not been any renovations, re-fur’s anything lately: What’s your honest opinion of the current condition of the villas? As I said, some people reviewed the BCV to make them sound pretty trashed, complaining that the carpets were worn, and their bathroom tiles were quite chipped, etc etc. Where these people just being picky/brutal? Or are some of the rooms honestly that bad off? We stayed in the WL, about 2.5 years ago (the WL resort rooms, not the villas) and before we got there read many reviews of people saying it was run-down. However, we entirely disagreed, I mean, we could tell our room was clearly not BRAND new, but it was well maintained and we adored the resort! I’m hoping the negative comments currently confronting the BVC are similarly un-necessary as those directed toward WL a few years back.

Thanks for any input (sorry for the wordiness!)

Amy_617
04-28-2010, 02:44 PM
Hi! I can't answer any of your questions yet....but I will be arriving at the BCV this Saturday, and I can let you know once we get back. I'll make sure to take lots of pics. :mickey:

AirlineGuy07
04-28-2010, 02:59 PM
Great thread! I've been wondering about the BCV myself because we will be arriving on Sunday. If I take my computer with me I'll let you know next week. I hope that the rooms are in good shape. I too have heard stories that they need refurbished. At one time I thought they were getting refurbished but now I'm not sure. I hope someone can answer this thread from recent experience. See you all there next week!!!

Disney_Barbie
04-28-2010, 03:38 PM
but I will be arriving at the BCV this Saturday, and I can let you know once we get back. :mickey:

I've been wondering about the BCV myself because we will be arriving on Sunday. If I take my computer with me I'll let you know next week.

THANK YOU so much to you both!!!! Hopefully someone will be along and can provide the answer soon for your benefit! But selfishly speaking, we don’t go for several months so if I can get a satisfying answer to the questions by then, I’ll be happy!

AirlineGuy07, haha, you must have had that same mysterious dream that I did! Because Yes, I could have SWORN I heard @ one point they were at least planning to give them a re-furb … but now I can’t back that up or locate why I originally thought that

Thanks again to you both, I can’t wait to hear about it!!! Enjoy your trips!

laprana
04-28-2010, 04:59 PM
I'm curious about this, too! We're thinking about trying to stay at BCV for our 2011 trip, but I've also seen quite a few negative reviews about the condition of the rooms. But, like you I could have sworn I saw something about a refurb at BCV, and I'm thinking it was within the last year or two. Lately I've been wondering if I dreamt it, too! :D Or maybe I got it confused with the BWV refurb? I hope someone can provide an answer to the mystery!

AirlineGuy07
04-30-2010, 06:57 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....I guess it will still remain a mystery. I guess no one really knows. I'll try to find and answer when we leave in 2 days.

Ian
04-30-2010, 06:53 PM
Just stayed there in February of 2010, so fear not ... I have your info ...

They're in great shape. I believe they were last refurbished around 2008, although don't quote me on that.

The rooms have the decor that you've seen online ... they are different in style from resort rooms, with the light wood/orange/light blue theme you referenced.

Our room was in fine condition. We didn't notice a single thing wrong with it. The absolute only issue we had was that the Internet connection is in a ridiculous spot. If you go and you're a laptop user, definitely bring a wireless router. Otherwise you're doomed to having to sit on a footstool hunched over a coffee table jammed between a sofa bed and the wall.

BrerGnat
04-30-2010, 07:24 PM
Just to answer one of your questions:

The RESORT room decor is very, very different. The RESORT received an extensive refurbishment a couple years ago (2008/2009) which included new beds, tvs, carpet, drapes, and a couple other touches.

The villas received a "touch up" renovation, but the overall look of the rooms is what you've seen online. Lots of pastels, light colors, etc.

As for negative reviews...I'd read a bunch of those regarding the BC RESORT itself, and when we stayed there last month for the first time, I couldn't believe anyone could have anything negative to say about the place. It looked absolutely beautiful, and we noticed NO sign of lack of upkeep or skimping on maintenance at all...

Take those negative reviews with a grain of salt.

Hammer
05-01-2010, 06:47 AM
Just stayed there in February of 2010, so fear not ... I have your info ...

They're in great shape. I believe they were last refurbished around 2008, although don't quote me on that.

The rooms have the decor that you've seen online ... they are different in style from resort rooms, with the light wood/orange/light blue theme you referenced.

Our room was in fine condition. We didn't notice a single thing wrong with it. The absolute only issue we had was that the Internet connection is in a ridiculous spot. If you go and you're a laptop user, definitely bring a wireless router. Otherwise you're doomed to having to sit on a footstool hunched over a coffee table jammed between a sofa bed and the wall.

I agree with everything Ian just said. I stayed there for the first week of the 2009 Food and Wine festival and really liked it. The room was in great shape. You can read my review here (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=162285). I noted the bizarre location of the internet connection, but fortunately we had brought a router (as both my sister and I had laptops) so we were fine. I would definitely stay there again!

As for negative reviews...I'd read a bunch of those regarding the BC RESORT itself, and when we stayed there last month for the first time, I couldn't believe anyone could have anything negative to say about the place. It looked absolutely beautiful, and we noticed NO sign of lack of upkeep or skimping on maintenance at all...

Take those negative reviews with a grain of salt.

Yes, definitely go and form your own opinion. I personally found BCV to be in very good condition.

Checkers
05-01-2010, 09:04 AM
:mickey:Great question. We will be arriving next Sat. at the BCVs and am glad to hear that all seems to be in good shape. Have a great time everyone!

DVC Mike
05-01-2010, 06:45 PM
I spend 8 nights at BCV every two years, and each time the room has been in great condition.

FiggyFan
05-01-2010, 09:57 PM
We go to the BCV every August, and sometimes make a second trip in January. During our 2009 trip, they were replacing the hallway carpets. In 2008, we arrived to find new sleep sofas in the guest rooms. I think Disney is doing a pretty good job of keeping the place up.

Amy_617
05-09-2010, 03:52 PM
We just returned from a split stay between BCV and BLT and I can say BCV is in great shape. I didn't notice a single thing wrong with our room. We were on the top floor with a view of the earful tower, ToT and swan and dolphin all in the distance. Very peaceful and quite. We were in a studio villa #549. Everything seems clean and they were even touching up the paint on the inside hallways and outside of the building. You can't go wrong staying here. We had a wonderful stay!! :)

Checkers
05-17-2010, 03:01 PM
:mickey:Just returned home yesterday from 8 days at the BCVs. Stayed in at 2br dedicated (Rm 202) and it was in great shape. The only thing I would change is the stove. They definitely need new ones. It worked ok but was just the old coil style. Have a great time!

Amy_617
05-17-2010, 03:22 PM
oh, I also forgot to mention that there was a flat screen tv and dvd player in our studio room as well! :thumbsup:

wdw dude
05-17-2010, 03:38 PM
I just stayed at the BCV at the end of April (2BR - #553) and it was in excellent condition. I don't have any complaints. The only thing wrong that I noticed with my room was that the window would not lock. There was a broken plastic piece that would not secure the lock. It was on the 5th floor so I didn't worry too much about anyone climbing in. I meant to report it, but I never got around to it. (I was having too much Disney fun.) Had a view of Spacehip Earth, the Land, and I could see Norway in the distance.

Other than the window, my room was absolutely fine. Didn't notice anything wrong with carpets anywhere.

:mickey:

AirlineGuy07
05-19-2010, 10:56 AM
We were their the first week in May and loved it! However there were some minor issues in our room that makes me think that the rooms may need some refurbishment. Someone must of ran into the wall in the master bedroom because there was a baseball size dent in it. We had a couch and a chair that had some stains on it. Also the end table in our studio lock off had alot of scratches in it. Plus one of the burners was loose on the stove and one of the cupboard handles was loose. Now that being said those issues would not stop me from staying there again. In fact I think we like the BCV better than our home resort SSR. I probably should of reported them but they were minor. In fact we still loved the room. Ours just need a little sprucing up. We had some problems with mousekeeping showing up on time too. Anyway don't let these issues deter you from staying here. It's a great place!! Very close to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios! Awesome pool!!

Mackflava99
05-19-2010, 05:29 PM
We have stayed there a number of times over the past few years. Its my wife's favoritie resort.
Last year we had a nice room, but i can say that the decor was getting old. it will be nice to get it refurbished.

Either way everything was in great shape-

yes internet connection was awful- i used to go to lobby of YC since they had wireless.

Finally no flat screens, so if they are, it must be recent.

phlo8810
05-19-2010, 06:53 PM
Just got back. Stayed in Villa 278 a 2 bedroom villa. Room was brand new. 3 flatscreens all new fixtures, new bathroom tile (I think). Don't think the fridge was new but it could've been. Hope this helps