PDA

View Full Version : Very proud mom story

Aurora
04-28-2010, 11:30 AM
My 11yo son's teacher sent me an e-mail yesterday telling me of my son's kindness to two different boys at school yesterday -- one who didn't have anyone to sit with on the bus during a field trip, and another who wanted to play football with the group during recess. The teacher said my son stopped and went out of his way to include the other child in the game. The note brought my husband and I to tears.

I know that lots of other parents on these boards understand the daily battle of trying to raise kids to be moral people in the world today, and sometimes you feel like you're literally beating your head against the wall. The teacher's note was such a joy to us.

Just wanted to share!!

Jeniflower
04-28-2010, 11:36 AM
You must be so proud. excellent

faline
04-28-2010, 11:52 AM
You certainly have a right to be proud! You're raising a fine, caring young man!

laprana
04-28-2010, 12:08 PM
That's really great! :thumbsup: You definitely should feel very proud of him. It's little things like what he did that can make such a big difference in another person's life. And how nice of the teacher to let you know about his good deeds, especially when it seems like most people these days focus on and point out only the negative things that happen. Kudos to the teacher for shinning the spotlight on your son's positive actions!

disneymom15
04-28-2010, 12:09 PM
Sounds like you have a very nice son.

SBETigg
04-28-2010, 12:29 PM
That's really fantastic! You're obviously doing a great job. :thumbsup: How sweet for the teacher to let you know, and yay for your son!

DVC2004
04-28-2010, 02:06 PM
Wow that is awesome! I truly believe it starts at home and you should be very proud! Sounds like you have a wonderful guy there.:number1:

forever a child
04-28-2010, 04:01 PM
Wow! Hope you let your son know how much his kindness has meant to others! Your son's teacher must be very special to notice these small things too. Keep up the great work!:tink:

KylesMom
04-28-2010, 05:24 PM
Way to go, Mom! :thumbsup:

Mousefever
04-28-2010, 06:16 PM
I celebrate with you! My son is 11 too, and he's a pretty good kid. I would be over the moon to receive an email like that about him. Btw, way to be proud without sounding "braggy". It's a fine line. :thumbsup:

Amy

SodaPopMGK
04-28-2010, 08:36 PM
Congratulations, isn't it great when your children make you proud, it makes all the hard work worth it. I'm glad the teacher took the time to let you know.

Aurora
04-28-2010, 10:35 PM
Thank you everyone -- and as far as the teacher, she is terrific. Great communication and a totally open door. I did let her know how much we appreciated her taking the time to tell us.

Aurora
04-28-2010, 10:42 PM
I celebrate with you! My son is 11 too, and he's a pretty good kid. I would be over the moon to receive an email like that about him. Btw, way to be proud without sounding "braggy". It's a fine line. :thumbsup:

Amy

Haha -- thanks Amy. I have friends who are constantly bragging about their kids' grades and scholarships and sports teams (one friend actually posted his daughter's high school entrance exam score on Facebook!! :ack:). Not that I mind a good grade, but I'm so much happier about a good deed.

MNNHFLTX
04-30-2010, 11:10 AM
Very nice to hear. :)

In this day and age, where it seems like all we hear about are kids that are bullies, it is so refreshing to hear about a kid that is compassionate to his fellow classmates. Thank you for sharing that!

the other micki
04-30-2010, 03:26 PM
I'm proud of him, too! Kindness to others is more important than what many parents boast about (academics and athletics), and will get him further in life than anything else!

brad192
04-30-2010, 09:33 PM
It's stories like this that give me hope for the future. 11 yrs. old and having an understanding of things like this, and acting on it. Way to go Mom & Dad!

I bet he'll be a "mover & shaker" when he grows up.:thumbsup: