PDA

View Full Version : Best moderate or dlx resort to stay in with a 23 month old?

ranty
04-28-2010, 06:29 AM
Hello. I have a quick question. At the end of June my wife and I will be taking our 23 month old to DW. Since we will be spending only a few hours a day at the parks ( a 10 day visit) What mod. or dlx. resort do you guys recommend? we will be walking around the resort with our little angel and swimming, eating, etc. Thanks a lot intercot!!!!great stuff.

buzz2001
04-28-2010, 07:28 AM
CSR would be my choice for a mod and the Poly for a deluxe.

Mousemates
04-28-2010, 08:21 AM
With a little one that size, my guess is that the MK is going to be the place you spend the most time and the CR has the best access. You can either catch the monorail or walk back to your room in the early afternoon when things start getting hot and sticky (which tends to evaporate both a child's energy and patience) to take a nap and/or splash in the pool...then after you are feeling refreshed you can head back to the park without loosing a lot of time waiting on the bus.

Also the CR (or any of the MK resorts for that matter) will have an area where you can view the electric water parade which I bet your little one would also enjoy very much.

mickeysworld
04-28-2010, 09:57 AM
We love the Poly for it's super easy access to the MK monorail and the TTC Epcot monorail. That's two parks you don't have to get in your car or a bus to get to and I LOVE not having to fold up our stroller when we get on the monorail! (what can I say? the little things make me happy! especially when my little one has fallen asleep in said stroller!)

The Poly also has beautiful grounds to walk around and if you'd like to explore the Grand Floridian, you can walk there as well (or take the monorail of course). The Volcano Pool is lots of fun and with it's zero entry at one end, it makes sitting with your little one in the shallow water easy and fun. Of course the beach is fun and there is nothing like watching the electrical water parade and MK fireworks from a hammock on the beach!

Also, the food is pretty good at the Poly. My kids love the self-serve Dole Whip machine and I like the sushi and Tonga toast! Another nice thing is that the Poly provides a full size crib vs. a pack and play for your little one should you need it. Our favorite building is Samoa, you are close to the main lobby and in between the main pool and a quiet pool. Can you tell I love the Poly?!

As for mods, we like POFQ and POR and the Carribbean Beach. FQ is nice and compact, they have that cool dragon pool slide, Riverside is more spread out but very pretty grounds to stroll and a fun fishin' hole style pool. Carribbean beach is the most spread out but it's fun with a beachy feel and if you don't mind walking, it's very enjoyable. Hth!

JoDisney
04-28-2010, 10:05 AM
If you want a smaller moderate resort, I recommend POFQ. They have a sea serpent pool and a band of alligators. It is colorful! There is a lovely boat ride to Downtown Disney if you want to walk around and look at the shops and small carousel and small train with your child.

If you want a smaller deluxe resort that is close to MK and not as expensive as some of the other deluxe resorts, I recommend WL. You are a boat ride away from the MK. (Each resort has a kiddie pool.) Also, at the WL you will be able to view the electric water parade which the little one will enjoy. With a little one, I feel it is nice to have a resort that is not large.

diz_girl
04-28-2010, 02:02 PM
I'd recommend the Poly. You take the monorail to both the MK (from the Poly) and EPCOT (from the TTC) and the buses to DHS and AK. We actually avoided DHS our last trip because the park doesn't have many toddler-friendly rides. If you do the same, then you only ride the bus to AK. It's not just that the monorail is convenient, it's that you just roll on and off the monorail with your stroller, no folding required.

The Poly has great restaurants, a relaxing atmosphere and it's convenient. Even though it doesn't start until 9 p.m., one night you might want to watch the EWP from either the beach or the dock with your child. Or watch the fireworks from the beach. It's a real treat.

WelshieLover
04-29-2010, 04:12 PM
My choice would be the YC or BC. They have the best kiddie pool area complete with sand. When my kids were that age believe it or not they loved EPCOT - exploring all the nooks and crannies in the countries. We never have had any major issues with bus service from the EOCOT resort area to the MK or AK.

tdk316
04-29-2010, 06:51 PM
BLT or CR would be my choice. We stayed at BLT last year with a 30 mo and a 5 mo and the location couldn't be beat. It was a quick walk from MK back to the room for naps and at the end of the night. The pools aren't well themed but my kids didn't care, they were just happy to be in the water. If you can swing it, at least go for a monorail resort so you don't have to fold up the stroller.

OogieBoogieMan
04-29-2010, 08:04 PM
My choice would be the YC or BC. They have the best kiddie pool area complete with sand. When my kids were that age believe it or not they loved EPCOT - exploring all the nooks and crannies in the countries. We never have had any major issues with bus service from the EOCOT resort area to the MK or AK.

I completely agree with the above and toss in BW.

VWL Mom
04-30-2010, 07:39 AM
If you want a smaller deluxe resort that is close to MK and not as expensive as some of the other deluxe resorts, I recommend WL. You are a boat ride away from the MK. (Each resort has a kiddie pool.) Also, at the WL you will be able to view the electric water parade which the little one will enjoy. With a little one, I feel it is nice to have a resort that is not large.

We've been going to WL since it opened and still love it. DS18 was almost 3 on his first trip never wants to stay anywhere else. When the second was born he was not a happy baby and I spent a lot of time with the stroller out and about. I always felt comfortable by myself and enjoyed the walking path over to FW. Nice beach area for the baby to play and small playground, too.